Turkey Decoys???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the good ol featherflex. Light,they fold up and they are cheap.

Nutt189 said:
I use the good ol featherflex. Light,they fold up and they are cheap.
Same here! I start out the day using decoys, but most of the time if I take off on foot and cover a lot of ground, I don't pack them with me.

I have two Flambeau fold up decoys. One is a hen the other is a jake. I use them about 90% of the time when I go out. Dad and I hunt in prescouted locations and at least try to pattern where the birds will be,

I use featherflex, but a very limited amount of time.

Yes, if I am hunting a set-up on the edge of a field where they can be seen a long way.

Most of my hunts require alot of moving and calling. When you get on a hot tom there usually isn't alot of time to set up decoys. In that case, the featherflex make great backrest in the vest.

I use Featherflex cause their compact, light and easy to deal with. :D I don't always use them though, I've killed as many without as with decoys.

doggzoe said:
Flambeau or Featherflex as long as they are colapsable. Sometime its funny to watch the turkeys reaction to the decoys :lol:

Don

I had hunting buddy who was turkey hunting the edge of a field with a hen decoy. It got to be mid-morning so he took up some walking and calling in a wood lot near his setup. When he returned, the decoy was gone and only the stake remained. As he looked across the field he found his decoy. It was the mouth of a coyote running away at the far end of the field. I guess that was one turkey dinner that was not so delicious. :lol:

Latest posts

Back