Turkey Season in NY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlynch75

Reaction score
Tom Turkey season opens in NY on May 1. Just got out all my turkey stuff. My old Rem 870 Special Purpose still looks great. Using 3" #4 shells and Full Choke on the end of a 22" barrel. I'm ready. Oh, yes and my compass and gps are in my vest pocket..

Good luck in New York. My buddy in Vermont tells me there's a lot of turkeys in his area this year.
Our season here in Oklahoma opened on April 16th, until May 6.
I haven't hunted much this season with my wife being sick and all but I did go opening weekend. Heard a couple gobblers but that was it.
My old Mossberg likes the # 4 shot too. I'm down to the last of them in the 2 oz. loads.
Seems like nobody makes the 2 oz. anymore. 1 7/8 oz. is all I can find these days.

Tom Turkey season opens in NY on May 1. Just got out all my turkey stuff. My old Rem 870 Special Purpose still looks great. Using 3" #4 shells and Full Choke on the end of a 22" barrel. I'm ready. Oh, yes and my compass and gps are in my vest pocket..
Good luck brother, that 870 is a good gun. Have fun & enjoy the hunt. Pics of the longbeard to come

I haven't gotten to go much here in IL due to some terrible weather. And when I have gone I have been striking out one way or another. My daughter got a nice bird (her first) with her 870 during youth season, so even if I don't get one the season will still be a victory. Good luck to you.

I've been reloading shot gun shells since the late 1970's, I have two MEC 600 Jrs one setup for 12ga the other 20. I'll be long gone before the shot and powder run out. Harley469 great taking the daughter hunting isn't it. Good luck.

Back