Using loose powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike C

Reaction score
Do I need to put something between the the loose powder and bullet. Soory for the basic question but I just started with the loose powder and I have always used pellets before but from reading on this board loose powder sounds like the way to go. Thanks

Do I need to put something between the the loose powder and bullet.

I never have. :D

Give us an idea of the load you are thinking of using and the rifle. 8)

It is a CVA Kodiak. It has a 28" barrel. All I have shot thru it yet is some 295 grain powerbelts with 80 grains 777 FFFg powder and 90 grains of FFFg APP. I want to try some conicals in the gun. The powder was measured by volume not weight. The gun seem to like the APP better. Groups were tighter with the APP. But I would like to trey different bullets and conicals plus what are some good sabots out there.

All I have shot thru it yet is some 295 grain powerbelts with 80 grains 777 FFFg powder and 90 grains of FFFg APP. I want to try some conicals in the gun. The powder was measured by volume not weight.

REMEMBER... 80-90gr BY VOLUME(as with a powder measure) is NOT the same quanity as 80-90 gr BY WEIGHT(as on a scale). Weigh 90gr BY VOLUME on a scale and then weigh all charges to THAT weight!

Latest posts

Back