USPS issues

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheader323

Reaction score
Has anyone had a form of payment damaged and returned in the mail?

Long story short I sent out payment for an item to a fellow member a couple weeks ago..today I find it in my mailbox..envelope had more tape on it than paper to hold it together and the money order is barely legible…I plan to take the mo and envelope to the post office tomorrow to see what can be done..I do still have my receipt tab from said money order..is this all I will need? Does this happen often? I have done a lot of transactions this way and this is a first for me..I’m just thankful the mail wasn’t lost for good

Went back and read my thread from last May. USPS MO just took 12 days instead of over a month.
Still much longer than it should have!

I sent a small lightweight envelope to the UK almost two months ago and it still has not arrived.

I had a USPS money order take over a month last summer from VA to MI.
I used a small envelope then.
I sent another USPS MO out this month to same address with large envelope, only took two days. Weird...
Your receipt should be enough for a replacement.
Never use a small envelope. Thats what my postal clerk tells me. She said that the USPS equipment sometimes "eats" the little envelopes.

Latest posts

Back