I didn’t scam anyone

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Tabbed Charlie

Reaction score
I’d like to explain that I didn’t scam anyone, this was a huge misunderstanding and I haven’t outright screwed anyone. I sold quite a few guns to pay bills on here, the accuser was iffy on a purchase and never gave me a distanct yes or no once I had provided my address for the payment on a rifle and another member wanted it. So I sold it, then 2 days later the accuser says money sent. My wife had picked up the mail, cashed all money orders and paid bills with the money. Once I figured out what happened by going back through messages and once the accuser had said hey where is my rifle then I reached out and had a phone conversation. I never broke contact with the accuser and his money will be returned in the mail within the next 3 days. This is a bad situation and I hate that this happened, it took me time to sell some ammo to get his money back because it had been spent and I had informed him this would happen and that I was sincerely sorry but I don’t think I’m the iy one to blame here it’s just a big misunderstanding. I’ll be mailing his money order out this week and once again I’m truly sorry this happened. This is in response to what was posted about me on the sister site to this one.

I’d like to explain that I didn’t scam anyone, this was a huge misunderstanding and I haven’t outright screwed anyone. I sold quite a few guns to pay bills on here, the accuser was iffy on a purchase and never gave me a distanct yes or no once I had provided my address for the payment on a rifle and another member wanted it. So I sold it, then 2 days later the accuser says money sent. My wife had picked up the mail, cashed all money orders and paid bills with the money. Once I figured out what happened by going back through messages and once the accuser had said hey where is my rifle then I reached out and had a phone conversation. I never broke contact with the accuser and his money will be returned in the mail within the next 3 days. This is a bad situation and I hate that this happened, it took me time to sell some ammo to get his money back because it had been spent and I had informed him this would happen and that I was sincerely sorry but I don’t think I’m the iy one to blame here it’s just a big misunderstanding. I’ll be mailing his money order out this week and once again I’m truly sorry this happened. This is in response to what was posted about me on the sister site to this one.

It take's a Hell of a Good man to come back and explain what went wrong and explain what happen.
I hope you go to the other site and put this out to clear thing up there.

I never ignored him and after he sent the money and notified me it was too late and things got lost in translation. At one point I had messaged back thinking he was another buyer not realizing a gun had been double sold

Attachments

• D0A831B9-4B06-46C4-99AD-572287756FBC.png
    D0A831B9-4B06-46C4-99AD-572287756FBC.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 6F28584A-1096-433A-89E3-437016536950.png
    6F28584A-1096-433A-89E3-437016536950.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 4779391B-14A1-492F-A0E3-63B4EFE1CB9C.png
    4779391B-14A1-492F-A0E3-63B4EFE1CB9C.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 7D88BFFB-1CAC-42F9-86C0-82299F4413F2.png
    7D88BFFB-1CAC-42F9-86C0-82299F4413F2.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 6B5EDE60-E981-430A-BA66-4650C66F377A.png
    6B5EDE60-E981-430A-BA66-4650C66F377A.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 48F60F1E-5213-4C7C-B7FA-7B572362442E.png
    48F60F1E-5213-4C7C-B7FA-7B572362442E.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 44
At the point where I asked him if he wanted it for sure and he replied
“Try and get money out tomorrow”
I was thinking he meant I’ll see if I can come up with it or maybe? I just didn’t understand that he meant for sure yes. It’s all unfortunate and it’ll be handled. I’m glad I was able to explain my side.

At the point where I asked him if he wanted it for sure and he replied
“Try and get money out tomorrow”
I was thinking he meant I’ll see if I can come up with it or maybe? I just didn’t understand that he meant for sure yes. It’s all unfortunate and it’ll be handled. I’m glad I was able to explain my side.

You didn’t need to show all this for me or anyone else the way I see it. You spoke your side and explained what had occurred and how you were rectifying it. You stated you were sorry for it and hated this happened, to the public domain. We are not judge and jury. I appreciate your words and that spoke volumes. I don’t think a scammer would have gone to this level. I feel you are an honest Joe and meant no harm.

Let’s hope this can end and all can get back to ML business!

You didn’t need to show all this for me or anyone else the way I see it. You spoke your side and explained what had occurred and how you were rectifying it. You stated you were sorry for it and hated this happened, to the public domain. We are not judge and jury. I appreciate your words and that spoke volumes. I don’t think a scammer would have gone to this level. I feel you are an honest Joe and meant no harm.

Let’s hope this can end and all can get back to ML business!
Very we'll said.

It happened to me as well. I wound up only selling one or two guns at a time to keep everything sorted out. You sound like a stand up man.

Back