Value of some older In-lines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in a position to pick up some older Inline Muzzle loaders from a friends estate. They are all older but in excellent condition.
#1 Knight MK85 50 Cal with a laminate stock has a #11 percussion cap nipple and a low end scope mounted it appears unfired
#2 H and R 45 Caliber break action 209 primer
#3 Lyman Mustang Breakaway 50 Caliber with 209 Primer
#4 TC Contender with 50 Cal barrel
#5 CVA Accura 50 made prior to finger removable breech plug
I dont need all of these guns as I have a newer CVA Accura PR that I hunt with and several Traditional BP Rifles but It would help the estate if they all sold together. Nice early inlines in great shape I just dont know the value of them.

Yes, the MK85 for sure AND the Contender....maybe. You dont see a whole lot of old MK85s in nice laminate anymore.

The Lyman is an interesting older rifle but thats about it. Built pretty tough but the triggers are pretty poor.

I have not bought them yet am trying to figure a fair price to offer for them. They are mine if I decide to take them I want to offer them a fair price wit a little wiggle room since I dont need 5 more inlines.

I am in a position to pick up some older Inline Muzzle loaders from a friends estate. They are all older but in excellent condition.
#1 Knight MK85 50 Cal with a laminate stock has a #11 percussion cap nipple and a low end scope mounted it appears unfired
#2 H and R 45 Caliber break action 209 primer
#3 Lyman Mustang Breakaway 50 Caliber with 209 Primer
#4 TC Contender with 50 Cal barrel
#5 CVA Accura 50 made prior to finger removable breech plug
I dont need all of these guns as I have a newer CVA Accura PR that I hunt with and several Traditional BP Rifles but It would help the estate if they all sold together. Nice early inlines in great shape I just dont know the value of them.
Imo, if i were shopping for them, i would be willing to pay...
1)$350-450
2)$2-300 each
3)$2-300
4)$450-600
5)$200
... if they are in great condition with near perfect bores. Average condition or buying all together i would knock $50-$100 off of each one. My .02¢

That helps a lot these were owned by a gentleman who recently passed in his early 90s. Deer hunted till about three years ago and all of the guns are extremely nice with excellent bores.

That helps a lot these were owned by a gentleman who recently passed in his early 90s. Deer hunted till about three years ago and all of the guns are extremely nice with excellent bores.
They could also be worth a little bit more if they are unfired and/or have the original boxes.

Have not found any of the boxes yet but he had a gun room off of his garage that he kept padlocked. We are pretty sure that all of his guns were in the safes but he used this room to store powder and do gun maintenance and some reloading. Should know more as his son cleans more items out,

Well I received all of the guns today except the H and R. The Contender turned out to be an Encore and the Knight has what appears to be a Musket cap nipple. But all of them were in the condition promised. I checked all of the bores and they are clean and bright. I will give them a good scrubbing. Hope the family finds tools that go with them but if not I will figure it out.

On that list if be real interested in the contender. The contender isn't made anymore and those barrels are super hard to find.

The encore is probably as good of a score from a functional standpoint but not as collectible. Still, congrats on the new additions.

Well I received all of the guns today except the H and R. The Contender turned out to be an Encore and the Knight has what appears to be a Musket cap nipple. But all of them were in the condition promised. I checked all of the bores and they are clean and bright. I will give them a good scrubbing. Hope the family finds tools that go with them but if not I will figure it out.
Congratulations! You may need to get them pics of any tools as they aren't obvious what they are for.

Yep I will send them some pics. I just cleaned the Lyman Mustang Breakaway. Cool gun and only needed a 1/2 inch nut driver to remove the breech plug cool gun and excellent shape. The trigger isnt awful but I understand why some dont like it.

Latest posts

Back