VANGUARD Quest Series T62 “3-in-1” Shooting Stick Review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
logo_7_23.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

As a steady aim is a factor in completing the equation for a successful hunt, I make an effort to rest my rifle on or against something all the time whenever possible. Refusing to pass-up a promising shooting vista I may stumble across while hunting, more than once I’ve used my pruning shears to manufacture a make-shift shooting rest. A rest keeps my fever down and my confidence up for those hard-earned trigger opportunities I’ve scouted so long and hard for. Shooting sticks are not only helpful in open country and long distance shooting, but can provide more flexibility in locating new ground stands/blinds where the convenience of a tree, fence or whatever to steady your rifle on is nowhere in sight.

Here’s a multi-function shooting stick by VANGUARD unlike others I’ve seen before…it’s their Quest Series T62 model

CopyofIMG_0951.jpg

The Quest T62’s unique design allows it to function as a tripod,

CopyofIMG_0920.jpg

CopyofIMG_0921.jpg

a bipod

CopyofIMG_0922.jpg

or a gunpod

CopyofIMG_0923.jpg

all-in-one. The third leg of the T62 tripod simply screws off

CopyofIMG_0924-1.jpg

leaving you with either a bipod or a gunpod. What’s nice about the T62’s design is that no tools are needed to make the transformation from one product to the other. Without the need for tools changes can be made quickly and quietly in the field, and… with the T62, you don’t have to worry about handling or losing small assembly nuts and bolts( because there are none). Nothing in the middle of hunting season can be more frustrating than trying to replace a lost part that cannot be found anywhere in the local hardware stores… knowing there’s a chance you’re not likely to get it soon from the manufacturer.

We all know as hunters that big game seldom pose for us when or where you want them to. A truly superb feature offered on the T62 model is its V-shaped Yoke head

CopyofIMG_0926.jpg

which can rotate a full 360 degrees. As seconds can often make all the difference whether or not you are able to pull the trigger, this rotating feature can be worth its weight in gold by eliminating the need to reposition the Stick while you are tracking quarry in your gun sights. If you enjoy photographing or filming your adventures with a huntin’ buddy, this Yoke can also be easily removed exposing a ¼” standard universal thread

CopyofIMG_0928.jpg

bolt upon which to mount optics such as cameras, camcorders or spotting scopes. A large threaded washer is also provided on the bolt to securely tighten the optic to the stick to keep it from moving around.

The T62 Stick possesses design tolerances free of rattles or unnecessary play in the moving parts, and has a quality look to it with smoothed-out edges that feel comfortable in the hands. The legs of the T62 are constructed using a heavy gauge aluminum alloy which provide you with a rigid frame... even when the legs are fully extended. Each telescopic leg is fully adjustable in length using solid, twist-locking mechanisms with markings

CopyofIMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

to prevent over-extension . This adjustability allows the Quest T62 to be leveled and positioned in uneven terrain when using the tripod or bipod.

The T62 also comes with an adjustable nylon strap

CopyofIMG_0932.jpg

permanently anchored to the bipod legs which allows you customize the height and quickly set-up the tripod or bipod in the field from its folded position. The ends of the legs are also capped with thick, hard rubber shoes

CopyofIMG_0933.jpg

which help to maintain quiet, non-slip footage on uneven or hard surfaces such as rocks. (It’s worth mentioning here that I tried unsuccessfully to pull the rubber shoes off). The soft, dense-foam grips

CopyofIMG_0930.jpg

are a really nice added feature which provide non-slip control of the stick at those critical times, and they appear durable enough to take any abuse the weather or hunter can dish out.

SUMMARY:

I found the VANGUARD Quest T62 to be practical in design, well made and a versatile 3-in-1 shooting stick that seems to do it all. The complete T62 weights-in at only 2 ¼ pounds and retracts down to 29”, so it doesn’t add a lot of weight or bulk when carrying it. Tied to my backpack

CopyofIMG_0948.jpg

the T62 is compact enough to be carried while still hunting or walking to my ground stand without getting in the way, weighing me down, or occupying a shooting hand.

I can set-up shop anywhere in the field with the Quest T62. Whether I’m sitting, kneeling, standing or stalking, the T62 will give me a portable and reliable shooting rest under a universe of hunting conditions. I can’t think of a more important factor while hunting than a steady aim to make it all come together, and the T62 shooting stick will give me that in three ways than one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS:
• Extended height(mm):1575
• Folded height(mm):735
• Weight(g):1020
• Extended height(inch):62
• Folded height(inch):28 7/8
• Weight(lbs):2.25
• Yoke type:V-shaped Yoke
• Swivel range:360°
• Main material:Aluminum alloy leg

There is a 5-YEAR-LIMITED WARRANTY with the Quest T62.
For more information on the Quest T62 shooting Stick and other hunting accessories by VANGUARD, you can visit their website at: www.vanguardworld.com
VANGUARD® is a global manufacturer of tripods, camera bags and cases, gunpods, gun/bow cases, binoculars and spotting scopes with first-of-its-kind features and capabilities. With 23 years of expertise, these innovative products are hailed around the world.

I kind of like the single stick one. Nice and light and I could use it for a walking stick too.

I couldn't find prices. How much are they?

Colorado said:
I kind of like the single stick one. Nice and light and I could use it for a walking stick too.

I couldn't find prices. How much are they?
Colorado,

This particular model(T62) is advertised most places for around $79.99, but a few stores at Amazon.com sell them for $50-$55. It's a great price considering you are actually getting 3 shooting sticks in 1.

Here's the VANGUARD link for where to buy:

http://www.vanguardworld.com/index.php/en/buy-it-now-huting-outdoor.html

If you are only interested in a single mono gunpod stick, you should really check out VANGUARD's website. They sell at least a dozen different mono gunpods alone and are less expensive than the T62. VANGUARD specializes in gunpods so I'm sure there is one they offer to meet your needs and budget.

I think those are fair prices if they work for you. I sure wouldn't mind trying that out.

Great review and very informative! Thanks for putting in the time to write it. Im currently shopping around for shooting sticks. Thanks.

Key said:
Great review and very informative! Thanks for putting in the time to write it. Im currently shopping around for shooting sticks. Thanks.
Thanks KEY. If I have what I think is a good product, I don't mind at all letting the forum members and guest viewers know. After all, in today's economy we all want to get the biggest bang for the buck. ;)

another good thing

I am fixing to purchase some as well. However, the actual selling point for me was the 5 year manufacture's warranty. I looked at many other "similar" shooting sticks. None of the ones I saw had anything over 2 yr. warranty. These are well worth the money if I can get 5 years of use out of them.

Great review Marty.

Its this kind of research and effort that adds so much value to this forum.

Back