Visited October Country Muzzleloading Yesterday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I was passing through Coeur d'Alene (CdA to locals) Idaho, and needed to get out of the truck and stretch my legs a bit, so I paid a short visit to October Country Muzzleloading (OCM). I hadn't realized that their shop isn't a retail store, but Sandy, the lady who makes their leather goods, greeted me at the door very graciously, and gave me a personal tour.

It seems that OCM makes a lot of what they sell themselves - a big array of leather goods, ramrods, jags, powder horns, patches, lube, round balls, and many interesting accessories of different kinds - right there in the CdA shop, and I was impressed by the quality of their products, and by how hard everybody was working. Definitely a small company, but much more than just Mom and Pop working out in the garage. OCM also carries lots of products made by others, some local, and some not. It seems that there is so much demand for many of OCM's products that they are often manufacturing to indvidual orders rather than building inventory. I was impressed by the quality of everything that I looked at.

Definitely an interesting tour, and I came away with a really good feeling: When freed from corporate greed and government interference, ordinary Americans can easily compete with any people in the world. The incredible economic boom going on all over Idaho - and especially in the CdA to Sandpoint corridor - is strong testimony to that feeling. I personally support small businesses that manufacture their own quality products here in the USA whenever I can.

Latest posts

Back