Vortex 3-12 42mm

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rjtfd

Reaction score
Just purchased a CVA Accura MR-X .50. I purchased a Vortex Diamond HP 3-12x 42 mm to mount on it which I didn’t receive yet. I ordered vortex low rings. Do you think they will work or did I need medium?
Thanks

For a 42mm scope, I think you are “on the edge” with low rings. Leupold, and other scope mount manufacturers suggest a “medium” height for 42mm objective scopes.

Specific to your Vortex rings, they list the center height for the low “Pro Series” rings as 19.05mm, so double that is 38.1mm, and that means you need to scope bases to be at least 4mm tall to make everything work. If you are using “standard” Weaver type mounts, I think you are going to be just under where you need to be - meaning you won’t quite have the clearance.

Shimming the scope bases might give you enough clearance.

For a 42mm scope, I think you are “on the edge” with low rings. Leupold, and other scope mount manufacturers suggest a “medium” height for 42mm objective scopes.

Specific to your Vortex rings, they list the center height for the low “Pro Series” rings as 19.05mm, so double that is 38.1mm, and that means you need to scope bases to be at least 4mm tall to make everything work. If you are using “standard” Weaver type mounts, I think you are going to be just under where you need to be - meaning you won’t quite have the clearance.

Shimming the scope bases might give you enough clearance.
Thanks John. I didn’t realize when I ordered so I guess I’m going to have to order the medium and return those.

Back