What a WEEKEND!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Just back to base camp a few minutes ago. WOW!!! What a fast paced couple of days!!!! Nugbuk and Vennisoneatr took us out for New Jersey geese on Saturday morning ( we limited out by 10am ) then pheasant in the afternoon. We then got cleaned up grabbed some dinner and drove about 3 hours to Long Island where we stayed the night and headed out in the morning for an UNBELIEVABLE day of sea duck hunting. The action was FAST, FURIOUS and UNRELENTING... I LOVED IT!

Sea ducks alone accounted for 10+ boxes of 3.5" shells from my Extrema. 8) :lol: (OUCH! :drinkers: ) I equate these fast moving birds as East Coast doves!

The score:

12 geese
17 pheasant
24 sea ducks

Photos and more stories are sure to come. My camera broke so I hope to have at least some good photos of the first day... Jimmy has some footage of the sea ducks.

Before I go any further...
Thanks Jimmy and Noug for a SPECTACULAR weekend! It was one I won't soon forget. :prayer: :applause: :yeah:

JJ

Sea ducks alone accounted for 10+ boxes of 3.5" shells from my Extrema.

OUCH is RIGHT! Sounds like ya'll had a GREAT weekend! Wish I could have been there!

uploading some pics now from Jimmy's house...

stay posted for a few pics

Me in the blind and ready for action!

DSC02685.jpg

Limited out by 10AM.. 8)
DSC02695.jpg

Pheasant
DSC02701.jpg

Sea Ducks.
DSC02721.jpg

Doohan said:
The action was FAST, FURIOUS and UNRELENTING... I LOVED IT!
JJ

First light:

After the first wave of birds finally slowed down, about a half hour long run from first light, we really needed the break in the action. It came and lasted about 2 min. and were all firing away again. :D :D :D

Let me first say this weekend was nothing less than spectacular!!! Exhausting, but spectacular none the less. I'm glad the weather cooperated and the dogs worked well. It was a much needed break from the solitude of deer hunting. The camraderie, the laughter, and the general great atmospere with like minded individuals who share a common thread was just great.
If a bunch of guys can meet on a forum via cyber space... plan a weekend of fast paced shotgunning.... It is SPECIAL.
I'd like to first thank Nugbuk for planning this endeavor with me and thanks to Doohan and Indianahunter for taking the time and effort to make the trip back east.
And a special THANK YOU to this website and it's owners, for without it this would never have happened.

VENISONEATR 8)

VENISONEATR said:
Let me first say this weekend was nothing less than spectacular!!!
:yeah:
Thanks guys for the great weekend.
Thanks Jimmy for taking time organizing this weekend and driving us in you comfortable truck.
I hope you guys made home good.
Here are some pictures:
That bird is heavy:
PC160002_1.jpg

A lot of good thing makes me tired:
PC170013.jpg
PC170012.jpg

Diet food in the good company - priceless:
PC170016_1.jpg

JJ your first shot at the goose was spectacular as well as double on the sea ducks. Sorry I beat you with the triple. :wink:

Got in a bit ago after a short 10 hr drive.. Yep, I'm still smiling! :D I had a GREAT time Jimmy and Nug ! Thanks so much!
This weekend was absolutely perfect!! Just awesome!

Here are a few more pics.

Nug and Flika waiting for daybreak and a some geese to show up on the horizon.
CIMG1488.jpg

Jimmy after a short nap!
CIMG1495.jpg

A quick video.. didnt turn out too bad... Unfortunately the guys didn't get any out of this call..

Our guide and master caller hauling back the days harvest.
CIMG1514.jpg

Flika hauling in another bird.
CIMG1489.jpg

Inianahunter and I with a few pheasant.
CIMG1526.jpg

Indianahunter lost in the woods! :lol:
CIMG1519.jpg

Congrats on your weekend .

I'm glad it went so good for you guys. :yeah:

nugbuk said:
JJ your first shot at the goose was spectacular as well as double on the sea ducks. Sorry I beat you with the triple. :wink:

Yes, that was a spectacular shot for his first goose ever! And Charlie, our sea duck outfitter, said your triple was the first one, two, three, he'd ever seen!! I'm glad the My "Havoline I-12 Franchie" was up to the task : wink: :wink: :wink:

Doohan said:
Nug and Flika waiting for daybreak and a some geese to show up on the horizon.
CIMG1488.jpg

I'm with Nug on this one... It was a great nap until first light!

IndianaHunter said:
I'm glad the My "Havoline I-12 Franchie" was up to the task : wink: :wink: :wink:
I'm glad you guys got home safe.
Something wrong with you relationship with your "Franchie". Even treating her with 2cycle motor oil did not helped. :shock:
She performed good for me. :wink:
We all pulled amazing shots this weekend. Your finishind double on the goose hunt and Jimmy's long range shot anyone can be proud of. :partyman:
I hope next time more friends can make this trip.

Back