What a WEEKEND!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy, Nugbuk, I really do not know where to start. Thank you both for the fantastic weekend...I know for JJ and I this weekend could not get here fast enough, and when it did, it went way to fast!

VENISONEATR said:
The camaraderie, the laughter, and the general great atmosphere with like-minded individuals who share a common thread were just great.
If a bunch of guys can meet on a forum via cyber space... plan a weekend of fast paced shot-gunning.... It is SPECIAL.

And a special THANK YOU to this website and its owners, for without you, this would never have happened.

Jimmy you really nailed this one on the head... I could not improve on this statement if I tried!

nugbuk said:
IndianaHunter said:
I'm glad the My "Havoline I-12 Franchi" was up to the task : wink: :wink: :wink:
I'm glad you guys got home safe.
Something wrong with your relationship with your "Franchie". Even treating her with 2-cycle motor oil did not help. :shock:
She performed good for me. :wink:
We all pulled amazing shots this weekend. Your finishing double on the goose hunt and Jimmy's long range shot anyone can be proud of. :partyman:
I hope next time more friends can make this trip.

Nug, it must have been your warm hands.....

I know I'll be back if the opportunity presents itself!

nugbuk said:
Even treating her with 2-cycle motor oil did not help. :shock:
Well after close to a box of shells on the geese, 12 to 15 shells on the pheasants on Saturday, and three or so boxes on the sea ducks on Sunday morning my Franchie I-12 had started to stop cycling properly and was no more than an expensive single shot. Not really very good at all for 50 mph sea ducks skimming the water on all sides of the boat!
:oops: :cry: :x

Both Nug and Jimmy offered their guns up but I was a bit miffed at my gun and dead set on getting it back in shape. So here, I am breaking down my gun while ducks are flying and falling all around me. Miffed does not quote cover how was feeling at this time! Well my only two choices for lubricate in the boat at this time was a pound of bacon and a quart of Havoline Supreme 2-cycle motor oil. Needless to say, we were all hungry so the bacon stayed in the cooler. :think: :think:

Its 32-degrees, with 10-12 mph sustained winds, in a rocking boat blind, while my friends are blasting away at duck on all sides of me, I am slathering my action with 2-cycle motor oil? Now I would not recommend a regular maintenance program with it, to all our amazement it did work in a pinch!

Go figure!!
:huh?: :huh?:

IndianaHunter said:
Jimmy, Nugbuk, I really do not know where to start. Thank you both very much for the great times...I know for JJ and I this weekend could not get here fast enough, and when it did, it went way to fast!

VENISONEATR said:
The camaraderie, the laughter, and the general great atmosphere with like-minded individuals who share a common thread were just great.
If a bunch of guys can meet on a forum via cyber space... plan a weekend of fast paced shot-gunning.... It is SPECIAL.

And a special THANK YOU to this website and its owners, for without you, this would never have happened.

Jimmy you really nailed this one on the head... I could not improve on this statement if I tried!

I'd like to say something about my Benelli Super Black Eagle II. It performed flawlessly without a single hiccup the entire weekend. I wish I could say the same for my shooting skills but I was still feeling a little under the weather. JJ and Nug both used Beretta Extrema's and I really wish JJ would post a picture of the bruising of his shoulder area :poke:
fencing.gif

VENISONEATR said:
I'd like to say something about my Benelli Super Black Eagle II. It performed flawlessly without a single hiccup the entire weekend. I wish I could say the same for my shooting skills but I was still feeling a little under the weather. JJ and Nug both used Beretta Extrema's and I really wish JJ would post a picture of the bruising of his shoulder area :poke:
fencing.gif
JJ got most of his bruising during pheasant hunt from his 28GA semiauto. :p

nugbuk said:

Yes, those 28 ga. pheasant loads are notorious for beating up shooters :roll:

VENISONEATR said:
nugbuk said:

Yes, those 28 ga. pheasant loads are notorious for beating up shooters :roll:

I can tell you I'm glad we did the geese and pheasant hunts before the sea ducks :!: :!:

Congrats. on a very successful hunt you guy's!!! You can tell by all the smiles that everybody had a great time. Ahh yes, Field hunting geese it doesn't get any better then that. :yeah:

Here's a quick clip from the sea duck hunt. I was taking a much needed break and munching on a bagel with cream cheese. Pay close attention to JJ's empty shotgun hull extractions :wink:

Actually, all the bruising is all but gone. I had my wife take a pic last night and there isnt really much to be seen! We should have snapped a pic that night! It looked alot worse than it really was!

I think I shot 4 boxes within the first hour!! ! :shock:

MAN was that a great time!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back