What ML scope can you recommend?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most over scope their MLs. I disagree with the notion that it is better to have too much magnification rather than too little.

i agree. My preference is for fixed power scopes: My Encore muzzleloader wears a Zeiss 4X. Several center fire rifles wear fixed power 4X and 6X scopes.

The Leupold FX6 scope would be great on a muzzleloader: i have that scope on several centerfire rifles, including a light weight .300 Win Mag rifle. Eye relief is 4.4 inches.

https://www.leupold.com/fx-3-6x42-wide-duplex-riflescope#/additional
There's a couple M8-4X Leupold scopes on ebay.

I have the leupold grandslam muzzy scope and I love it ..and the holds are perfect..and you can't beat a no questions asked full lifetime warranty..I grew up on leueys and personally it's the only scopes I run on every scoped gun I own ...there are plenty of great scopes on market it's just all about what YOU like and what fits YOUR needs👍👍

I have the leupold grandslam muzzy scope and I love it ..and the holds are perfect..and you can't beat a no questions asked full lifetime warranty..I grew up on leueys and personally it's the only scopes I run on every scoped gun I own ...there are plenty of great scopes on market it's just all about what YOU like and what fits YOUR needs👍👍
I have the same scope on my accura V2 lr and I love it! The clarity and light gathering at dawn and dusk is excellent!

I have several Swift scopes. No complaints at all. I have one on my 243 Win in Mod 77 Ruger. I use it relentlessly. It has not had an easy life. Been to Wyoming and back probably 20 times. Never gets to the gun rack but rather has a less than cushy ride in the truck. In case we see groundhogs you know. Rarely sees the inside of a case. After 35 years it shoots fine. The other Swifts have a more cushy life. But all have worked well. Have one on my piston pellet gun too. Known to be hard on scopes. No problems.

I do have a couple of crossfires I picked up in auction. Seem good so far. Picked them up because they seem to get good press here.
How's the rifling?

If you can find a Nikon Omega BDC (out of production), they make for a great MZ scope with clear glass, & amazing low-light image quality...

1697642605076.png

It's a shame thatNikon succumbed to the liberals and stopped making rifle scopes. I have 2 of them and they're great. Also a Leupold Ultimate Slam and the abouve mentioned Konus. I even have a couple Tascos and none have failed me.

The Konus 3x9x40 muzzle loader scope came on my CVA. I killed 5 deer with it. Longest shot was 200 yds. Cant beat them for the price.

I have been looking at the

Hawke Sport Optics Vantage Rifle Scope 3x9 w/ Illuminated reticles, red or green.​

I removed the silicon sock on my ML scope and instantly knew why my ex left it. Looks like she broke both lens with a hammer. I bought the ML new for her and she only shot it a couple times and did not hunt.
I tried all day to locate a Swift SRP674-SL and cannot find a one! This is what my new GOOD wife has on her LK-93 and I can focus it for use without my glasses which I like. Most scopes will not allow that much focus for these old eyes.

Are there other scopes an old goat can find that will focus for old eyes?
Do we have a Swift dealer on here?
Any 4x, 2-7, or 3-9 like hers will work, but always open to new ideas, brands etc.

Whokalouie
5 of mine Renegades CVA Optima's (ALL wear ) 4x Leupolds /Ed

I generally use Zeiss or Leupold on my muzzleloaders, but I picked up a used Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 and have it on the new to me Omega this year. I’ve never had a Nikon before, but it sure seems like it was $100 well spent. :lewis:

Last edited:
Years ago i tried two of Nikon's best most expensive scopes they both locked up,, Nikon has great glass ,,they're internals were always poor if you look at some of the refurbished sellers such as Natchez you'll see tons of refurbished nikons for sale hasn't anybody ever noticed that, Nikon has been the most failed,, rebuilt scope Company still trying to sell rebuilt scopes in America,, I'm surprised people haven't noticed now that doesn't mean your personal Nikon scope hasn't been good for you not trying to start anything to beat up anyone's Nikon scope but if you start investigating a little bit scopes with problems and don't realize Nikon is Tops on the list you haven't done your homework

Latest posts

Back