Why Do I Hate Wolves? Here's Why.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
Wolves in Wyoming killed 19 elk in one night out of a herd. They didn't eat most of them .. just let 'em lay.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/03/25/wolves-kill-19-elk-suspected-surplus-killing/82249160/

635944974521028393-ThinkstockPhotos-512638200.jpg

Wolves have devastated the elk and mule deer population in much of the USA.

Yeah, you can thank Bruce Babbitt, Interior Sec'y under Bill Clinton, for the dramatic increase in the wolf population.

They ought to turn a pack of wolves loose in every "wild" (feral) horse refuge. A few thousand less feral horses and burros are a good thing.

FrontierGander said:
No way, Wolves only feed on the old, sick and calves.

:suspect:
This is my understanding as well. If wolves were inclined to mass killings at every opportunity, 
they would have decimated the natural world balance and left themselves without herds to hunt.

Members of the weasel family are the main predators besides humans noted for their 
desire to kill beyond their need for food. We seem to enjoy it for itself.

I think we need to gather up a few wolves and send them to Pennslvannia ave.

I've seen videos of a pack of wolves going after a healthy looking bull elk. They never got it, but they sure tried. The bull saved himself by going in the water. The wolves got bored with waiting and left. Not sure if they could have got the bull down if no water was around. I'm thinking they could have.

Our game animals have not been the same since the "Feds" dumped those Canadian wolves loose not far from our back door. I will now pretend I did not see this thread...............

John

Anti's are trying to get wolves in Colorado, but we voted it down. They're still trying. Bastards!

If I saw one while hunting I would shoot it and claim self defense. How would they prove different

One not so sharp fella did this. He shot a wolf (before Idaho had a season) and it had a GPS collar on, so he thought the best way to dispose of the evidence was to throw wolf and all in the river. As he neared the river with the wolf in the truck bed he was almost home free. Then here was F&G around the last corner waiting for him. They pointed to the sky and there was a plane locating wolves that day! Yep, true story. That is how Al.

John

John Neslen said:
One not so sharp fella did this. He shot a wolf (before Idaho had a season) and it had a GPS collar on, so he thought the best way to dispose of the evidence was to throw wolf and all in the river. As he neared the river with the wolf in the truck bed he was almost home free. Then here was F&G around the last corner waiting for him. They pointed to the sky and there was a plane locating wolves that day! Yep, true story. That is how Al.

John
Was this collar visable and why if you were in a forest would you even care especially if your claiming self defense. Not saying it isnt possible just saying in this case by taking the wolf and trying to cover it up he opened himself up for this situation. Al

I'd pass on one with a collar. They'll never believe the self defence tale. One wolf isn't going to attack, and if it was a pack you'd be dead.

Latest posts

Back