Williams peep sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WV Hunter said:
idahoron said:
I am interested in that peep sight. Do you have a picture showing the set screw that won't allow mounting? After I get the rifle I will take a look and see if your peep will work. if it will I would be interested. What kind of price do you want for the sight, and do you have the mounting screws and everything that goes with it? Ron

Ron, the set screw is in his pic...right on the side of the receiver. The older mk's had that ... it was designed to hold the plunger from coming loose. Sometime in the mid 90's they did away with it and put an oring on the plunger to keep it snug. You'll have to check and see if your gun has that screw.

Thanks. Could not have said it better.

Shoot me PM Ron. The price will be fair.

LarryBud said:
I have a new one like Sabotloader has pictured. It won't work on my MK because of a set screw they had on the old model.

I'll sell it if anyone want's it. I went with style Flounder has displayed.

IMG_0651.jpg

I look at your picture and wonder why it will not fit. If you look at my picture with the FP mounted in the front two holes of the three on the rear of the reciever - it looks like the set screw area would be open...

P1010002a.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Just wondering...

sabotloader said:
LarryBud said:
I have a new one like Sabotloader has pictured. It won't work on my MK because of a set screw they had on the old model.

I look at your picture and wonder why it will not fit. If you look at my picture with the FP mounted in the front two holes of the three on the rear of the reciever - it looks like the set screw area would be open...

P1010002a.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Just wondering...

Like I said my first choice would be the Lyman since that is what I am used to. I will have to think about getting it drilled and taped. I kind of hate to drill extra holes in gun receivers but it is not like this is a collector gun. The Lyman sight would probably add value.

The big thing is this rifle was intended to be used as a gun used in a "short range weapon" hunt. The funny thing about that is I can put a scope on it, and even use sabots if I wanted to.

So I could put the scope on, and use it that way. I would still have the Hot Rods for all the rest of my hunting and if I had to use this rifle for a " muzzleloader only" hunt all I would have to do is remove the scope and use the Peep.

I am going to have to call the gun smith to see how busy he is. Ron

LarryBud said:

P1010002a.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Just wondering.....

Mike...Is the sight going to work on my gun? I see those receivers are flat on the top. My receiver is round.

Muley Hunter said:
Mike...Is the sight going to work on my gun? I see those receivers are flat on the top. My receiver is round.

That exact one will not fit. They do make one for the round receivers though, different part #

So, I took another look at the situation. The up / down slide would hit the stock and not allow me to mount the sight on the front two holes but..... if I raise the peep up to a line of sight at which it will be used, it mounts fine.

I must admit I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't see this at first but you all sniffed it right out.

Sorry Ron, my sight is off the market. I was going to negotiate for some paper patching too. Anyone want the slide mount version? It's available.

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Muley Hunter said:

No your part number is different than this one.... Yours is like this one..

69BigHorn.jpg

LarryBud said:
So, I took another look at the situation. The up / down slide would hit the stock and not allow me to mount the sight on the front two holes but..... if I raise the peep up to a line of sight at which it will be used, it mounts fine.

I must admit I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't see this at first but you all sniffed it right out.

Sorry Ron, my sight is off the market. I was going to negotiate for some paper patching too. Anyone want the slide mount version? It's available............................

LarryBud,

Just so you know, in case it turns out you need to, i have sanded a bevel on the ends of the slider on two FP sights so they would fit my rifle. It wasn't difficult.

P1030012.JPG

P1030013.JPG

ronlaughlin said:
LarryBud said:

Sorry Ron, my sight is off the market. I was going to negotiate for some paper patching too. Anyone want the slide mount version? It's available............................

LarryBud,

Just so you know, in case it turns out you need to, i have sanded a bevel on the ends of the slider on two FP sights so they would fit my rifle.

P1030012.JPG

P1030013.JPG

Thanks Ron,

I'll know once I can get to the range. I'll reach out if I need advice on making the modification.

I have an FP on my older MK with the set screw. I just moved it forward to the next set of holes and it seems to work fine.
I just bought one of the FP adjustables from Numrich it was a lot less than Midway. That will leave me with an extra top of breech william like the one shown.
let me know if there is interest.

LarryBud said:

IMG_0651.jpg

Latest posts

Back