x-ring............. Comfort

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
X- .......................... Time to explain more about getting comfortable on the rifle

I ordered the ALTA elbow and knee shooting pads yesterday. Even with the cheap elbow pads I'm using, plus a foam mat, my elbows are taking a beating.

Remember though............... I am far away from this knee issue, for which I'm also back in PT. I've been going twice a week and how long it will continue is anyone's guess. If the house caught on fire and I fell down trying to get out, I might not make it. Oh....... the two different young lady PT's that I have, never take prisoners!

X- .......................... Time to explain more about getting comfortable on the rifle

I ordered the ALTA elbow and knee shooting pads yesterday. Even with the cheap elbow pads I'm using, plus a foam mat, my elbows are taking a beating.

Remember though............... I am far away from this knee issue, for which I'm also back in PT. I've been going twice a week and how long it will continue is anyone's guess. If the house caught on fire and I fell down trying to get out, I might not make it. Oh....... the two different young lady PT's that I have, never take prisoners!
I hear you. Do whatever you have to do to help your shooting! If you aren't comfortable on the mat, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. If the 2 lady PT's do take you prisoner, call me and I'll come up and break you out!!! X

I hear you. Do whatever you have to do to help your shooting! If you aren't comfortable on the mat, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. If the 2 lady PT's do take you prisoner, call me and I'll come up and break you out!!! X

If I was kidnapped by two younger women and you showed up to rescue me. I'd throw you out then close and lock the door. Yelling through the door don't tell my wife where to find me.

To all.............. especially X-ring ;)

My ALTA knee and elbow pads showed today.

ALL I CAN SAY IS................ WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I ORDER THEM SOONER !!!!!!!

X.............. If they slip on your mat, your mat will have to be made of solid glare ICE! No way on this earth will they slip on a mat.

The protection is remarkable!

I'm going to PT for this darn knee and I can assure you, there's absolutely NO WAY I could get down on my knee. The therapists are working their little butts off trying to make it happen. Well guess what???? The wife was in one of the other rooms doing her plant stuff, and I put the pads on.
I was able to get down on the knee for the first time in over 2yrs!
I actually crawled on my hands and knees into the other room, where when the wife looked up, she about fell over.

This by far does not fix my knee issue, but the pads are going to help beyond my expectations. Also, the elbow pads will be nothing but perfection too. Neither are capable of slipping on a mat. They're not cheap, but the quality is unbelievable. As everyone knows, nothing is cheap anymore, especially anything of quality.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING FOR SHOOTING PRONE..........

https://altaindustries.com/products/alta-contour-360-elbow-pads

https://altaindustries.com/products/altacontour-360-with-vibram®-atacs®ghost

To all.............. especially X-ring ;)

My ALTA knee and elbow pads showed today.

ALL I CAN SAY IS................ WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I ORDER THEM SOONER !!!!!!!

X.............. If they slip on your mat, your mat will have to be made of solid glare ICE! No way on this earth will they slip on a mat.

The protection is remarkable!

I'm going to PT for this darn knee and I can assure you, there's absolutely NO WAY I could get down on my knee. The therapists are working their little butts off trying to make it happen. Well guess what???? The wife was in one of the other rooms doing her plant stuff, and I put the pads on.
I was able to get down on the knee for the first time in over 2yrs!
I actually crawled on my hands and knees into the other room, where when the wife looked up, she about fell over.

This by far does not fix my knee issue, but the pads are going to help beyond my expectations. Also, the elbow pads will be nothing but perfection too. Neither are capable of slipping on a mat. They're not cheap, but the quality is unbelievable. As everyone knows, nothing is cheap anymore, especially anything of quality.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING FOR SHOOTING PRONE..........

https://altaindustries.com/products/alta-contour-360-elbow-pads

https://altaindustries.com/products/altacontour-360-with-vibram®-atacs®ghost
That's really great to here ! I'm so happy for you man. Good for you !:dance:

That's really great to here ! I'm so happy for you man. Good for you !:dance:
Thank you.

This knee issue has been a nightmare.

It just tickled me to death being able to get on my hands and knees for the first time in over 2yrs. The knee needs an awful lot of work yet, but I'm hopeful the PT's will help.

I had two young women hustle me into their car and one drove and the other made passionate love to me. Finally pushed me out of the car, exhausted and depleted and found they had taken my wallet. I had heard about this, so I always carry a cheap wallet. Maybe they or another will come back?

Back