Knight Extreme Peep Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The scope was removed from the extreme, and installed on the Mountaineer. This allowed for an installation of a Williams FP sight which was purchased last year, but not in time for muzzle loader season.

P1010443.JPG

P1010445.JPG

P1010437.JPG

In order to allow this sight to work, required some material removal from the bottom of the sight, and from the bolt of the rifle.

P1010383.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010398.JPG

The past three mornings have found me shooting 2 rifles. One of which was this extreme loaded with 300g Deep Curl, 110g BH, short black Harvester sabot, and W209 primer. The target was shot at 100 yard.

peep.jpg

The long barrel combined with the bolt put the front sight further away from the eye than i am used to. This allows my tired old eye to nearly focus on that front sight. Shooting this rifle with iron sights is the funnest iron sight shooting i have experienced in years. This is due to a trigger being target quality, with zero creep, and a super light clean break. Also the front sight being so far away from my eye means i can almost 'see' it.

Nice work and shooting as usual Ron.

I ran into the same issue with the same peep site so i didnt pursue it any further. It worked fine on a Knight round top plunger gun but i could get enough clearance for it to work on any of my DISC based Knights without modification.

The site and LK it was on are gone now but they are very nice peep sites IMO.

That looks like a nice setup there Ron. Do you have he Firesight front bead too? I broke my gold, Lyman bead off on a tree :oops: and replaced it with the Williams Firesight red fiber optic bead. Looks like a red dot sight now and works a lot better in low light situations. I really like it a lot.

DSC00065.jpg

Be blessed

GM54-120 said:
............I ran into the same issue with the same peep site so i didnt pursue it any further. It worked fine on a Knight round top plunger gun but i could get enough clearance for it to work on any of my DISC based Knights without modification.

The site and LK it was on are gone now but they are very nice peep sites IMO.

There were two FP sights availble for Knight rifle when i purchased this one. I sure think i made the correct choice, however it didn't fit. I really really wanted it to work, so i couldn't give up, and it seemed to be possible to make it work.

I also have one of these sights that i plan to mount on the Dream Season; hope it works like this one does, or better.

It was Sabotloader that mentioned the sight, and how much he liked the 'clicks'. I agree, making adjustments is a way more fun, when the sight can be moved in 'clicks'. Clicks aren't necessary, but they are easier, more enjoyable, and better.

Latest posts

Back