a front sight with globe, spirit level , adjustable and fits a Knight barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am not afraid to look, but someone on this site may know the answer already. Since we are restricted to iron sights only in New Mexico, I want to get the best ones for the money. I am being given a rear Vernier sight which does not have the windage adjustments.
Therefore I am seeking a globe front sight, with a spirit level that is NOT a dovetail sight but would fit the screws already in my Knight rifle. The spacing is 1.60 and all front sights I see in advertisements mention dovetails.

Thanks,

WW

Hello, I am not afraid to look, but someone on this site may know the answer already. Since we are restricted to iron sights only in New Mexico, I want to get the best ones for the money. I am being given a rear Vernier sight which does not have the windage adjustments.
Therefore I am seeking a globe front sight, with a spirit level that is NOT a dovetail sight but would fit the screws already in my Knight rifle. The spacing is 1.60 and all front sights I see in advertisements mention dovetails.

Thanks,

WW
You are going to have a 3/8 dovetail cut if you want to install a spirit level windage adjustable front sight. Never heard of one that attaches with screws. X

IMG_3982.pngIMG_3981.jpegThe other best option is to get a standard foresight from Williams and pair it with the Foolproof Rear aperture sight. Unless you expect to shoot at extremely long range this setup will allow you plenty of windage and elevation.
This front sight
With the Foolproof rear aperture sight.

Latest posts

Back