Nosler Partition

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0501.JPG

The bullet is the 300g Nosler Partition.

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

part300b.jpg

The plywood sandwich was added to the front of the jugs, and knowing from past experience that the Nosler is a deep penetrating bullet, an extra jug was added to the back. The load was 80g Blackhorn, short black Harvester sabot, W209 primer. Range was 25 yard.

part300c.jpg

part300d.jpg

part300e.jpg

The first jug, and the fourth jug remained on the horse after all was done. The first and second jugs were shredded by the Nosler; it seems strange the first jug was able to remain seated. The bullet went through the five water jugs, and into the Laundry jug, where it stayed.

part300.jpg

The photo shows the actual 'partition' between the front, and back of the bullet, that John designed, and tested back in the Nineteen hundreds. John started manufacture, and selling his design in 1948, did he not?

My go to bullet! Never figure I'll need any other bullet for anything I care to pursue.

Looks great! I think some M-L sizes were on sale at Midway recently, almost bought some. I have such a supply of XTPs and Barnes I really don't need any right now.

I agree, as long as they shoot well with whatever sabot, they should be great on game. My 1st choice to try is the common Harvester 'Crush Rib' sabot.

Last batch I got was $24/ box of 50. I've got 10 boxes to get me by :D

What is the diameter on those?
Just thinking of my tight bore TCs, and if they are .458 the odds of them fitting are low.

Ron, you sure have been busy! Thanks for all the testing and info. I just picked up a box of 50 Partitions on the cheap at a gun show. After seeing your results, I can't wait to give 'em a try.

I tried them in my old TC Black Diamond and got poor accuracy so I went back to XTP's. I was let down because Nosler is my favorite bullet company, and I shoot only partitions in my .30/06. I still have 30 or so of them around here some where.

MJFlores said:
I tried them in my old TC Black Diamond and got poor accuracy so I went back to XTP's. I was let down because Nosler is my favorite bullet company, and I shoot only partitions in my .30/06. I still have 30 or so of them around here some where.

I got better accuracy with the 45cal 260gr Partition but in all honesty, i never made much of an effort to work up a better load for the 300gr.

MJFlores said:

MJF...Check your Personal Message box.
I would be interested in those remaining Partitions you have. Made you a sweet offer for them in that message. :yeah:

I ordered 2 boxes of them when Ron gave me the link before..I love nosler bullets...i have loaded them on varmit rifles to pistols....I had some of the .45 handgun hunting bullets from reloading...250 grains and i was very surprised how well they shot....a box of 250 is cheaper than getting the XTP's for same amount..i think I paid 42 for 250 ...and they shoot great...shot a few chucks with them in my 45 knight...not a pretty sight to see results..lol...

GM54-120 said:
The are $24/50 for the 300gr at Wideners.

I offered Flores a mix & match option, hoping to swap some of my inventory for his 30 or-so remaining. I have a wide variety of ML bullets to offer him in exchange. As of today, I have enough ML bullets to last me 10 years, shooting 75 each year (my average). I do not want to add more inventory by ordering from Widener's, especially since I have 100 Gold Dots in 250 grain, about to arrive at my door step and just purchased 40 XPB's at Cabelas two weeks ago.

Al-53 said:
I ordered 2 boxes of them when Ron gave me the link before..I love nosler bullets...i have loaded them on varmit rifles to pistols....I had some of the .45 handgun hunting bullets from reloading...250 grains and i was very surprised how well they shot....a box of 250 is cheaper than getting the XTP's for same amount..i think I paid 42 for 250 ...and they shoot great...shot a few chucks with them in my 45 knight...not a pretty sight to see results..lol...

I got a big box of the regular 250gr bullets also. Dont think ive ever shot them. I have a few of the 260gr Partitions left and at least 2 unopened boxes of the 300gr. I must have 80lbs of bullets laying around here. :D

About the only thing i want and dont have are 300gr Parkers. Im too cheap to buy them when i got lots of 275ge BEs. :p

Sounds like GM's bullet inventory-stash is better than mine. Like comparing the minor leagues to the major leagues. :poke:

Latest posts

Back