Pink 32

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Good to be back home, but it rained most of the day so I couldn't mow, instead I worked all day to complete the Pink 32 for my daughter. Rice bbl with 1:30" twist, 15/16" to 13/16" octagon. I have another 32 that is 7/8" to 3/4" and the bbl alone weighs 1/2# less, so 6# doesn't look likely.
After removing material out of the Little Big Horn stock channel, filing out for the bolt and drilling large holes in the butt stock and cutting 3" off the bbl it still weights 6.9#. (without scope).
Had to modify stock to accept the larger DISC action and octagon bbl.
Hopefully get to the range soon. Then tear it down to finish the action and bbl.

Attachments

• Ping 32.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,445
  • Pink 32 ring.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,445
  • Pink 32 top.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,445
Beautiful! If Knight or GM would reintroduce that .32 now, there would definitely be a market. I always thought it would be a great kids learner gun. But whenever I take a kid to the range, they want the .22. They will pop 1-2 on the ML's, but kids have no patience for a few shots an hour. They all have that video game sling lead syndrome.

More rain today, but went to the range anyway trying to dodge the bands of rain.
Not a RB guy, so my patches for ball were for 45-50 cal. Too big, but all I had and bullet started didn't really work as the excess patch caught on the starter. The ox-yoke patches were 0.010" thick with a .310 ball.
Shooting at 50, started with 20gr Swiss 2F. Shot a few rounds to adjust zero - not all going where I was aiming. So, tried some with 16gr, then 12gr. Note: Before I went, I weighed some from the measure and found the 20 on the measure, weighed 34gr - way off. So, I marked what was actually 20 and found that 1 revolution on the micro dial was 2gr.
After shooting 20, 16 & 12 and then a dry ball, the primer blew it out but I have no idea where it went, I thought what the heck, try a 32 cal wad under the PRB. Did so with 20gr and it seemed to be better than without so, go the other way as I tried 25gr.
1st hit slightly low from my back spot, then the next 2 just under and cutting each other. So, lets see what 5 shots look like? Put the 4th in the upper of the center group only to put #5 out of the group on the lower right.
To my surprise, the group is 1.3" at 50 yards. Only to finish, as the heavens opened up, to remove my target before it got completely soaked..
Next test will have to wait a few weeks, but this was new and fun.

Attachments

• Pink 32 50.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Pink 32 range.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,370
I found pistol measures are better for the small bore charges. Maybe try either a thicker patch, or bigger ball. That's a pretty neat looking short starter.

Looking good so far. Were you using the cotton cleaning patches for the patching, besides the Ox-yoke? What lubed did you use. I get a yard of thick Pillow ticking from JoAnn Fabric and wash it one time and dry it to "Fluff" it up. The Ticking can then be cut into strips. I don't Punch out premade patches for my RB rifles. I just lube the strip, start the ball and cut off the excess at the muzzle for a perfectly patched ball. I am like Squeeze and found the .315 balls worked best for my Oregon 1 in 30. I use Hoppes #9+ for lube.

Back