Mountaineer .45 1n20 Accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score

Tell me these guns wont shoot !I shot this group last night off of bipods and no rear rest. This was my second group under a half inch . First 6 shot group measured .489 my 2nd 3 shot group measured .383 thats center to center . These Mountaineers are a little more finicky with load development and barrel temp but when you find the correct combo LOOKOUT ! They will shoot with anything . Also i have absolutley no leaking problems and primers come out perfect . I'm very impressed .

Looks like you should just sell that omega to me.
Great shooting

Na still gonna wring out the Omega also . Factory thumbhole stock will be here tom . Decisions decisions . I have 2 buddy !

I'm shooting a little less than 110 grains by volume . Emax with wool wads . This gun likes to be cleaned between shots . I really don't care to shoot a hotter load . I shoot with a very loose hold and the recoil now is all that I want . Guess I'm kind of a sissy !

No doubt, your happy with that..
Those 1:20's have been awesome for 150+ years!

This rifle has a little tighter bore than my 500 . That last group was shot without doing anything. They fit a little on the loose side but the gun seems not to mind . I shot a group right before that one with Emaxs that I knurled then sized back down . They also shot very well . Biggest thing with this gun was cleaning between shots. I cut my groups in half if I clean between shots my 500 is exactly the opposite. Also I can't let the barrel get to hot . Kinda crazy how guns like different things . I'm still learning .

Dougs136Schwartz said:
This rifle has a little tighter bore than my 500 . That last group was shot without doing anything. They fit a little on the loose side but the gun seems not to mind . I shot a group right before that one with Emaxs that I knurled then sized back down . They also shot very well . Biggest thing with this gun was cleaning between shots. I cut my groups in half if I clean between shots my 500 is exactly the opposite. Also I can't let the barrel get to hot . Kinda crazy how guns like different things . I'm still learning .

Good info., thanks for sharing.

Back