1:30 Twist GM LRH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This little rifle never ceases to amaze me! I came up with the idea yesterday morning to try the Largest .45 Cal Bullet i own in this 1:30 Twist Green Mountain LRH .45 Cal, The bullet happens to be my newest BACO Elliptical nose .453 545 Grain Mold, i lubed and ran these through my 451.5-.452 Lee sizer. I was shooting a true 100 Yards (103 from my Muzzle) My target is an official 100 yard NRA Target. I had a Lee Shaver fine post bead insert in my Lyman 17 Globe, my first shot was tough with the little post bead against the Black Bull, i kept tilting my rifle to the white of the Target then back to make sure the bead was centered in the Bull (I should have Matched a Circle insert to my target from the start!) I went ahead and took my first shot with the fine bead, it was right and low in the 7 ring. I switched out the fine post insert to my Largest Shaver circle, WOW what a difference!! Best 100 yard open sight picture i have EVER seen :yeah: There’s a DARN good reason these circles are used in Competition, they work AWESOME! I took 4 shots with the Circle insert

These bullets measure 1.4 on the Dot and weigh right at 545 Grains
sDSsXks.jpg

My 100 Yard Target, Target is turned sideways, my shots were to the right. My first shot is the lowest shot, that shot was taken with the Shavers fine post bead, then I switched to a Circle insert and shot 4 shots, i had 1 of them go a little low making my group 2” the other 3 shots are easily in an inch
dpJXYW0.jpg

Well, now yer just showin' off. :poke:

But seriously, good shootin'. :yeah:

bubba.50 said:

:lol: I really do like showing off the Capabilites of this darn little 1:30 twist GM barrel! Theoretically it shouldn’t be shooting these BIG bullets this well, but it does! I have never had a bad outing with this barrel, Best 75 bucks i ever spent on this Muzzleloader stuff :yeah: Kinda makes me sick to think i could have bought over 40, under 50 of these barrels directly from GM for that 75 bucks a piece! I sure didn’t need that many, But that is how many they stil had in stock when i bought this 1, and at 75 Bucks a piece you couldn’t go wrong! I sure wish i had bought 2-3 of them at that price and put them under my bed. But at that time I really didn’t even want a .45 Cal, i wanted/needed a .50 or .54 to legally hunt elk here in Idaho on Muzzleloader only hunts. I ended up getting all 3 Calibers in the end. but i kick my butt REGULARLY for not grabbing a couple of these .45s at that low price. They came fully ready to Drop in a 1” Hawken, or Renegade stock, Delrin Ramrod, And a Nice set of fiber optic Williams sights on them.

Idaholewis said:
bubba.50 said:

:lol: I really do like showing off the Capabilites of this darn little 1:30 twist GM barrel! Theoretically it shouldn’t be shooting these BIG bullets this well, but it does! I have never had a bad outing with this barrel, Best 75 bucks i ever spent on this Muzzleloader stuff :yeah: Kinda makes me sick to think i could have bought over 40, under 50 of these barrels directly from GM for that 75 bucks a piece! I sure didn’t need that many, But that is how many they stil had in stock when i bought this 1, and at 75 Bucks a piece you couldn’t go wrong! I sure wish i had bought 2-3 of them at that price and put them under my bed. But at that time I really didn’t even want a .45 Cal, i wanted/needed a .50 or .54 to legally hunt elk here in Idaho on Muzzleloader only hunts. I ended up getting all 3 Calibers in the end. but i kick my butt REGULARLY for not grabbing a couple of these .45s at that low price. They came fully ready to Drop in a 1” Hawken, or Renegade stock, Delrin Ramrod, And a Nice set of fiber optic Williams sights on them.

That's the funny thing about theories. They're just theories. Scientific theories have proven that it's impossible for bumblebees to fly. Now if they could just figger out how to tell the bumblebees. :yeah:

Luck &I have a good'en friend, bubba.

Back