100 Yard Target

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
Finally got to 100yard range. Yesterday in the afternoon it was around 50 degrees and the wind had picked up moving the targets around. I was shooting my Pro, 3- T7 pellets 150 grains and the SW 250 grain w/ the super glide sabot. You guys are absolutely right get out and shoot. Even w/that target moving around I was able to shoot a nice group that would cover a dollar bill folded in half. That was cionsistent. I then shot at 200 yards and man the bullet was definitely moving w/ the wind but was still a killing shot oin a deer. The Omega scope w/ the gradiation did work as advertised and with the load reccomended.
This the first time w/pellets and it seemed my crud and dirt factor was way up vs. loose. I used the T7 209 PRIMER and when I swabbed in between every shot 1 wet patch w/ windex both sides and one dry both sides I was defintely sticking more near the bore than w/ loose loads.
At the end of the session I did a swab w/ T7 bore cleaner both sides, spit patch both sides, dry both sides and light oil. Should I let one go to dirty the barrel prior to hunting Thursday?? Hunt Safe!

I hunt with a "clean" barrel. I run a dry patch down twice to get most of the oil out, fire a couple primers and load to hunt. When I do this my Omega puts the first shot right where it should. "Your Mileage may vary." Some guns do seem to throw the first shot from a clean barrel high, but mine does not. Just my .02
Good luck hunting.

Buck,

If it were me, I would fould the bore before you go hunting.. usually the night before. The answer really depends on how you clean between shots... If you really clean your gun with multiple patches and passes then you may be cleaning all the fouling out equaling a fresh barrel.. or, if you only run a spit patch and a clean patch...

Get your bore in the same condition you have it between shots at the range.. whatever it is....

Hi Buck,

You and I exchanged some emails last week on links, loads, primers and bullets with the Omega BDC scope. Sounds like everything is working out with your Pro-Hunter rig too. Pretty nice combination in my opinion.

Curtis

Latest posts

Back