10mm A-Frame 200gr HP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
GM,
You think a smoker could move it fast enough? Maybe with a heavy charge. I thinking with the other powder,đź‘Ť

Its made for 10mm AUTO and that is only able to do about 1200fps with a 200gr bullet plus i bet its long for a 200gr bullet. So case capacity would be less. Im guessing its a good match for a smoker if they will shoot.

Thats gunna be a nasty lil bullet if it retains 90% of its weight at a 2000fps impact. Not a long range bullet but looks good for within 150-200yards. The A-Frame is pretty much just like a Nosler Partition but its bonded. Not that it matters because there is not much lead in the HP.

Its made for 10mm AUTO and that is only able to do about 1200fps with a 200gr bullet plus i bet its long for a 200gr bullet. So case capacity would be less. Im guessing its a good match for a smoker if they will shoot.

Thats gunna be a nasty lil bullet if it retains 90% of its weight at a 2000fps impact. Not a long range bullet but looks good for within 150-200yards. The A-Frame is pretty much just like a Nosler Partition but its bonded. Not that it matters because there is not much lead in the HP.
I bet with the other powder, nasty!!
Both the 180s and 200s

Hey guys, I'm Jamie. New here and saw this and wanted to report. I used this bullet this year out of my Woodman patriot 45, in a smooth blue harvester. Shooting light smokeless loads, with the bushing breech plug, I was able to get great accuracy and 2219 fps. I took a 176 lb field dressed deer at 19 yards, slightly quartering to. Broke 3 ribs in and to ribs out. Nice entry and exit and great Internal damage. Deer dropped in its tracks. If you know the drops, it would perform well at really long distance
Jamie

I used to use .44 300-grainers in my .50 quick twist flinter over 80 grains of Swiss 3-F. Never found a deer that could stop one.

Never saw a 40cal 200gr A-Frame before. Plus the core is bonded to the jacket. I wonder how much weight is retained in a test like Rons? You can order them direct also for less but im not sure about shipping prices.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023055398?pid=969177

I'm curious to know what kind of velocity can be generated using the Ultra-lite and Blackhorn with that bullet. I'm tempted to try those out. If they group well, it would make an interesting whitetail load.

I tried some 200 grain, .40 XTPs at the club one morning while a guy was there with his chrono. I was loading 77 weighed grains of 209. Accuracy left a bit to be desired but then I only had vials of that charge weight with me. If memory serves me right I was getting in the neighborhood of 2250 in the Accura V2. Like I said, accuracy did little to impress me so I never took the issue with the 200 grain bullets up again.

Sorry about the holdup,I'm going to send some out. Been busy try to finish my new house. Hopefully get them on there way Saturday.
Jamie

Latest posts

Back