#11 capper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiostate

Reaction score
looking to buy a #11 capper.. who makes a good one .. the reviews on the cva straight line capper. at midway usa most of them is bad... the one traditions make looks just like the cva one.. are the knight capper any good?? WORM

ohiostate 12 said:
looking to buy a #11 capper.. who makes a good one .. the reviews on the cva straight line capper. at midway usa most of them is bad... the one traditions make looks just like the cva one.. are the knight capper any good?? WORM

I would suggest to you that of all people Traditions offers a great one - that is the only one I use now. It is a brass capper with a solid push bar behind the cap being installed... If you get this one you might need to use some needle nose pliers to bend the black spring steel cap holder down just a bit to get a solid hold on the cap being loaded.

A1291.JPG

Link above from Lewis Drake & Assoc.
Bought one years ago and now that it has patina - it looks like an original.
Should have bought 1/2 dozen back then, the price was about 1/3.

I have the same one as WV Hunter for my grandson's LKII now - seems like I've had it forever, works great.

Should have bought 1/2 dozen back then, the price was about 1/3. 250$ for a capper??? didn't pay that for the gun.. WORM

ohiostate 12 said:
Should have bought 1/2 dozen back then, the price was about 1/3. 250$ for a capper??? didn't pay that for the gun.. WORM

Checked the above links and don't see one for $250...Which link are you talking about?

thanks for the link squeeze that's it .. got to be made of GOLD for that price.. WORM

I have about 4 Ted Cash cappers 2 large and 2 stick type. I use the Stick type like in the link Squeeze posted and it works better than my large one in some of the Inlines.

My oldest large TDC (probably 35 years old) is a little different from the new style. It has an adjustable screw as a push button on the lever, now it is just a small thumb tab. These can be a bit wide on some scoped inlines.
http://www.tdcmfgstore.com/agora.cgi?ca ... nc=search2

Back