$1136.73

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
I received a notice from the power company that this amount is what I paid over the past year for power. The house is right at 2500 square feet and all electric. It probably has more window square footage than exterior wall square footage. I had to sheet inside the upstairs bedroom walls with plywood for shear strength prior to sheet rocking. There are no window coverings as there are no neighbors.

Window covering would probably reduce energy consumption, but most likely would not pay for themselves through energy savings

When I started building it, I contemplated going solar, but payback did not pencil out in my favor. Instead, I spent about an extra thousand on insulation and called it good.

The crawl space is conditioned and insulated. The daylight basement is under half the house, and the air handler hangs from the floor joists in the crawl space.

I am the last house on the power line, so I do have a backup propane fireplace. I never needed it last year.

Back