12 yr. old draws first blood

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
Quentin,AKA Lil-Tar,Table Looter, has drawn first blood with his Sav. this evening. A 70 yd. off hand shot on a big mature Indiana doe. She will probally field dress around 140-150 lbs. The 300 grn.XTP took out both shoulders and dropped her in her tracks. Upon hearing him shoot, I climbed down and went to him. You could see the grin on his face from a long ways out! This makes his 4th deer of the season, he is still working on getting his buck.Now, if I can instill in him to keep his finger of that trigger long enough, he just might get that buck! :lol: He is having a blast!

I remember my sons first deer as well as my own first deer...maybe better! Can't think of a beter place to take a young person than the deer woods. Congratulations Tar-12 and Lil-Tar!!

Tar-12 said:
Quentin,AKA Lil-Tar,Table Looter, has drawn first blood with his Sav. this evening. A 70 yd. off hand shot on a big mature Indiana doe. She will probally field dress around 140-150 lbs. The 300 grn.XTP took out both shoulders and dropped her in her tracks. Upon hearing him shoot, I climbed down and went to him. You could see the grin on his face from a long ways out! This makes his 4th deer of the season, he is still working on getting his buck.Now, if I can instill in him to keep his finger of that trigger long enough, he just might get that buck! :lol: He is having a blast!

Well you said I'd be the first to know, thanks for the phone call! :D I guess you might as well stick a fork in Quentin cause he's done now. :lol: He'll be hooked for life. You know what they say tho hunt with your kid and you won't be huntin for your kid. :yeah:

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it. I might have to send them to one of you guys to post for me,I will see how it goes. Darrell, the first thing out of his mouth was that he had to call you to let you know! :lol: It is a special thing when your kids are successful in the woods. It does not happen overnite.Started him out shooting when he was 5 yrs. old. He shoots better than some adults :lol: Its great to watch him mature as a young man and hunter.Very special times :wink:

Tell Q I'm sorry I missed his call last nite. Glad to see he got his first with the Savage, and glad he did not have to reload.

Tell him WAY TO GO! Sounds like he his having a FINE season!

I used the three without the red glare. Who's buck by the way?

liltar2.jpg

liltar3.jpg

liltar1.jpg

Way to go Quentin!! You've got 6 days and about 1/2 hr. to get that buck. :D

Blue-Dot-37.5

Congratulations !!

So Savage smokeless hunting is an hereditary disease... Be proud of your son.

..................................................................Gerald......................../ :D

Patrick, The buck is a 8 pt., that the my No.99 HB put the hammer on this year. Thanks alot for posting these pictures. He is pretty proud of being on here :wink:

Congrats to your son!

I am impressed!! I didn't get one till I was 14 and even then I was a quivering mass of protoplasm! Your son must be a sur-nuff slayer!! Tell him Head Hunter is very impressed! I am sure he is having a blast whacking does, don't make him wait it our for a buck!

Re: Congrats to your son!

Head Hunter said:
I am impressed!! I didn't get one till I was 14 and even then I was a quivering mass of protoplasm! Your son must be a sur-nuff slayer!! Tell him Head Hunter is very impressed! I am sure he is having a blast whacking does, don't make him wait it our for a buck!
Head Hunter, He killed his first deer when he was 9 yrs. old, a doe that weighed 157 field dressed! Since that first one he has harvested 9 deer, 7 does and 2 bucks,the first buck scored 149/3/8 ! The second one was 120 or so. I will post pictures of that first buck. He shows a lot of restraint for 12 yrs. old, he has let 4 bucks walk so far this year.We have one day left. After our conversation last nite,I feel that anything with Antlers will be in trouble today! :lol: He has been doing a lot of second guessing,I told him he has done the right thing. They will be bigger next year!

Back