17.5 Hours Until Season Opens!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isnt it great. To be so excited like a little child that you cant sleep. Then when you finally get out there in the dark and settle down, you anticipate the day ahead, your ears, eyes, senses, on full alert. Then the dark slowly turns into light.

Yes!!! I don't think I can ever remember a opening morning in Southeast Texas when the weather kept me out of the woods it was always nice I think it's going to be here in Southwest Arkansas too bow season opens the 23rd of September I wish it was today, the woods are green but there's very little acorn mast this year around me the deer are going to be very active going into fall and winter and black bear are all over me,, living here with woods all around me and watching everyday is only made my anticipation greater, I've seen a couple of really great bucks on my place right up around my house here and I'm getting where I will not walk out into the woods in the morning casually without a pistol due to the bear issue couple of weeks back one morning I walked outside right at daybreak out my back door and it was so nice wasn't a lot to dew on the ground I was in my night slippers and underwear you know us man will walk out off the porch and do our thing and then go back in and get a cup of coffee ,but it was so nice I went ahead and just headed out into the woods a little bit down my right away that I shoot I got about 75 80 yards from the house and the wood line started and again I'm just walking along in La La Land enjoying the beauty of the morning and I heard this real low growling but I will call a woof noise about 30 yards from me in the wood line i froz in my track and it did it again I realized I had walked up on a bear what made me a little more nervous as there was a mama with babies had been hanging out right there I started laughing at myself I reached down and picked up a rock and threw it into the woods the direction I heard the noise and I yelled out I'll whoop you, I regained my composure and skedaddled back up to the house never never been in Bear Country before and black bear here in South West Arkansas don't have a habit of hurting people but standing out there in your underwear and your slippers it's no way to face the situation like that I've never hunted bear before but if the right one comes along I'm sure going to take them I just don't want to get in one of those bear trying to climb up into my deer stand situations like I've seen those videos online that ain't going to happen I will be quiet intolerant of that., but the live action part would be fun

Back