• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1858 Remington .36

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewater Forge

Reaction score
I got this second hand some ten years ago and have taken it shooting twice. It has been a gun safe queen ever since. I need to make some room so for $120.00 it can be yours along with the holster. That price includes shipping and insurance. You will notice that the finish isn't that great, I received it that way. The previous owner didn't keep it oiled properly. However it is a good, solid shooter. I have had several BP guns that weren't in "pristine" condition. The advantage of owning such a gun is you can go adventuring with it in all sorts of environments and don't have to worry about putting a scratch on it. I posted about a Remington .44 that I got back into service and it will be my constant companion on all my SXS trips, kayaking trips and prospecting/mining
forays. There are some more pics a few posts down.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I got this second hand some ten years ago and have taken it shooting twice. It has been a gun safe queen ever since. I need to make some room so for $120.00 it can be yours along with the holster. That price includes shipping and insurance. You will notice that the finish isn't that great, I received it that way. The previous owner didn't keep it oiled properly. However it is a good, solid shooter. I have had several BP guns that weren't in "pristine" condition. The advantage of owning such a gun is you can go adventuring with it in all sorts of enviroments and don't have to worry about putting a scratch on it. I posted about a Remington .44 that I got back into service and it will be my constant companion on all my SXS trips, kayaking trips and prospecting/mining forays.
How is bore/cylinder /internals any pitting /rust there ? Thanks Ed

Here are some closer detail that was requested.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg