1st Scoped outing with New 1:20 Twist Mountaineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
I couldn’t resist, had to go Shoot this thing this morning since the Scope was mounted and Ready. I got the Scope REALLY close in 4 Shots (I would say it was 2 ft or so off Target with my First shot) After getting it REALLY Close i shot a 3 Shot Group with the Parker 275s, and Followed that Group with another 3 Shot Group of Ed’s Lyman Gould’s. ZERO load development here Folks, i picked 80 Grains of Swiss 2F, .50 Cal 1/8” Wool Felt Wads and Went with it! No question, This Rifle shoots!! Now it’s time to “Nail Down” a few Loads in it. I will get some Longer Range Gong stuff coming up Soon

The 3 circled shots are the Parker 275s, My first 2 shots were looking really good, When i loaded the 3rd and final shot it was tight? Very noticeably tighter than the other 2 for whatever reason? These Bullets were given to me to try, I didn’t Size them, They measured .452 and that is precisely what this Bore is, But the tighter bullet was a tad over .452, Anyway it went Left maybe an inch? Enuf to Ruin my Group 
smile.gif

After the Parkers i went Straight in to another 3 Shot Group, This time was Edmehlig’s Lead Conical, The Lyman Gould HP Bullet, 2 of them made the same hole, And the other about a 1/2” away.

A little video clip, basically showing ya what i just told ya 
smile.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sMsWMLSmSvI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Nice range report Idaholewis.   What weight on the Lead Conical  :?:

Back