2 Coyotes recently

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
I zapped these 2 Big Yotes recently, they came in to my Foxpro Wildfire 2 Game call using the Sound “Lightning Jack” when i shot the first coyote that Kicked off What’s called Foxbang (i have it preset to coyote pup distress) the other Coyote came in to the Pup distress. I was using my .308, It was cold out that morning and I forgot my Seat pad, i had 2 coats on but my Legs (Butt Mostly :D) Got cold Fast sitting in the Snow, But i knew these darn things were in this area so i was persistent 

E1wyqKUm.jpg

falcon said:
Good on you for killing the big coyotes.  
We have a TON of these things around here, it doesn’t matter where you go you will find their tracks in the Snow, this country is really brushy and Expanse, I live and Hunt in Unit 1, This Unit alone is 2,476 Square miles. Big grown Coyotes kill a LOT of Whitetail Deer, some folks have a hard time believing that, But it’s an absolute fact. My Dad pulled 9 or 11 Dead deer off the Ice around a Frozen Private lake last Spring, the only tracks around these deer kills in the Snow was Coyotes, and LOTS of them! Their was 9 Coyotes in this 1 pack seen several times Basking on the Frozen Lake on Sunny, yet cold days last winter. Coyotes are a real problem here

CoHiCntry said:
Did you do anything with the pelts?
No I didn’t on these, and these were actually really nice ones! This was more of a Help the Deer Out situation. Me and my dad talked about skinning them out from here on, they actually have decent value from my understanding? Seemed like 50-60 bucks a piece iirc? My .308 wasn’t the best choice for keeping Hides, Dad and i talked about using the .22 Magnum from now on for the Pelts.

Idaholewis said:
CoHiCntry said:
Did you do anything with the pelts?
No I didn’t on these, and these were actually really nice ones! This was more of a Help the Deer Out situation. Me and my dad talked about skinning them out from here on, they actually have decent value from my understanding? Seemed like 50-60 bucks a piece iirc? My .308 wasn’t the best choice for keeping Hides, Dad and i talked about using the .22 Magnum from now on for the Pelts.
Yeah, they looked like nice hides from the pic, that why I was wondering...

Thanks for your post Idaholewis.  I always found winter varmint hunting to be a great solitary season...no bugs, no hot weather and little to none competition among hunters.  Not a varmint but I like hunting red squirrels with a scoped pellet rifle. 

What does " Lighting Jack" imitate :?:

wow those are actually some big yotes! Ive seen some where they look huge and then after you shoot them and walk up to them, they have some serious shrinkage lol.

Here is a picture of a good opening morning in Colorado near Estes Park in 2005.

winter.jpg
This is our January Hunting Season near Estes Park Colorado, the flat tops are always good hunting.​

Back