2005 Encore Blast 7/12/05

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I had some fun tonight. :) First bullet up was the 200grn ShockWave. 110 grns of 777, and a Blue MMP Sabot. The fowling shot was low right.

1fe86fd8.jpg

The next bullet up was the 195grn Barnes. Same load as above. This bullet really didnt do good in my Encore.

05e52b67.jpg

The next bullet was the 175grn Barnes. This bullet has potential. Same load of 110grns of 777, and a Blue MMP Sabot.

daaecbcc.jpg

110grns of 777 was to much for the 200grn XTP. It sprayed around just like the 195grn Barnes. It was a very hot night, but fun to shoot. 8)

Grouse said:
200grn ShockWave. 110 grns of 777, and a Blue MMP Sabot.
Hey Grouse, that particular load shoots in your Encore just like it does in my Omega. The last time I shot it in the Omega, I had a 3 shot group just like yours....all 3 shots touching! Only difference was they were the first 3 shots out of a clean barrel. My Omega doesn't seem to require a fouling shot. Puts 'em all right where it's supposed to from the start! BTW, nice shooting, especially the 200 Shockwave group! 8)

Grouse said:
I had some fun tonight. :) First bullet up was the 200grn ShockWave. 110 grns of 777, and a Blue MMP Sabot. The fowling shot was low right.

Grouse, your fowling shot is for the birds :shock: , but good shooting.

Shucks, or should I say, clucks Randy, you beat me to it, and I've got egg on my face.

Might be a good long range load for the Encore, which is my latest plan for that gun.
Grouse, any idea on the MV you're getting?

Twanger said:
Shucks, or should I say, clucks Randy, you beat me to it, and I've got egg on my face.

Just goes to show-- you can't expect a laugh everytime you crack a yolk. :oops:

Twanger said:

Might be a good long range load for the Encore, which is my latest plan for that gun.
Grouse, any idea on the MV you're getting?

Hi Twanger :) Glad to see ya around. 175grn Barnes is what i would like to Chrony next time out. I might even kick the powder up a little. It's a really soft shooting load as is. The 200grn ShockWaves are the most consistent accurate bullets i ever shot. T/C/Hornady does a great job making those bullets.

RandyWakeman said:
Grouse said:

Grouse, your fowling shot is for the birds :shock: , but good shooting.

I could shoot Birds with that bullet. :wink: I no, that's all it's good for. :p

Grouse it is interesting to me that your fouling shot hits low and to the right. Both of my omegas first two shots with 100 gr. of 777 ffg and the shockwave is three inches high out of a cold clean barrel with spit patch between shots.

Then the rest of the shots will be clustered in the bullseye but they are clustered in there pretty good.

I guess each barrel and load is different.

iisabigone

iisabigone said:
Grouse it is interesting to me that your fouling shot hits low and to the right. Both of my omegas first two shots with 100 gr. of 777 ffg and the shockwave is three inches high out of a cold clean barrel with spit patch between shots.

Then the rest of the shots will be clustered in the bullseye but they are clustered in there pretty good.

iisabigone

I never take my time aiming or getting into a good position to shoot. Now on i'm not even going to shoot my fowling shot on the paper. Here's a old pic with the 200grn Shockwave. Looks like a low fowling shot as well.

e209dfce.jpg

iisabigone said:
Boy, isn't that the truth! No two guns seem to ever be alike, even if they are identical!

Good shooting there Grouse! Hard to be that! Just aim ABOVE the knee next time! :lol:

big6x6 said:
Good shooting there Grouse! Hard to be that! Just aim ABOVE the knee next time! :lol:

Isnt that the truth. :D You would think all the trips to the range i would know were my gun is hitting at 25yds. :oops:

You would think all the trips to the range i would know were my gun is hitting at 25yds.

Grouse..I'll tell you...That JUST the way it goes!

That's why they call it "hunting!"

Grouse said:
big6x6 said:

Isnt that the truth. :D You would think all the trips to the range i would know were my gun is hitting at 25yds. :oops:

Amen Brother!! The only way to remember to shoot your gun back down from 100 yds is to do something like that! :roll: Experience is the best teacher!! Before hunting season, I now shoot down to 50 and 25 yds just to know.

Back