2015 NMLRA National Championship

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Left Friendship Thursday.
Weather was great, in the 40's most mornings and sunny and 70's. Wind was heavy over the weekend, then moderate most of all days.
For me, I blew it at 100 (3-9's) after posting a 50-3x and nearly 5x at 50. After blowing 3 at 100, I put a practice 200 up and shot a 50-3x, only to officially post a 50 for the AGG target. Missed my first chicken, then hit the rest and all the pigs. There is no room for error for sure...
I'm still not convinced about this bench thing!
When I left about 15 had posted scores in the AGG (still Friday's & Saturday for people to shoot):
1st Jason D. - 169 10x
2nd Jeff F. - 169 9x
3rd Blake H. - 167 7x
4th Bob W. - 166
5th Tony S. - 165 5x
6th Rick W. 165 4x

You sure cant leave any room in this match.
I was up in score room today and i missed 170 by .006 and 10th x by .005
1st and second is literally separated by thousandths of a inch. Amazing competition over a 25 shoot scoring event.

you are right Bestill. It seems the match is like Slug Guns , anything less than 10 takes you out of the match

+1 on no room for error.

On an overall thought.
A few more shooters seemed to participate in this match, fivebull can probably get a total count. Although like in June some shot 50 & 100 and if down a few points, they stop shooting... go figure?
I know of at least two new shooters who we helped. Got to give Mr. Taber credit as he didn't hesitate to change/improve his load and probably shot at least 100 times. He was shooting a T/C Encore and improved each day.

He ended up with , 2 pigs and 3 chickens, not bad for never shooting past 100 yds.

52Bore said:
Left Friendship Thursday.
Weather was great, in the 40's most mornings and sunny and 70's. Wind was heavy over the weekend, then moderate most of all days.
For me, I blew it at 100 (3-9's) after posting a 50-3x and nearly 5x at 50. After blowing 3 at 100, I put a practice 200 up and shot a 50-3x, only to officially post a 50 for the AGG target. Missed my first chicken, then hit the rest and all the pigs. There is no room for error for sure...
I'm still not convinced about this bench thing!
When I left about 15 had posted scores in the AGG (still Friday's & Saturday for people to shoot):
1st Jason D. - 169 10x
2nd Jeff F. - 169 9x
3rd Blake H. - 167 7x
4th Bob W. - 166
5th Tony S. - 165 5x
6th Rick W. 165 4x

Jason Day set new record for 200 yds, a 50-5x, can never be beat only equaled!!!! This Match is actual the NMLRA Championship. The spring Matches are just National shoot with it's own set of records. It seems this Fall shoot had a lot of very close scores for records. I bow graciously to the new National Champion, as being record holder for one year. Good shooting J Day and J Fisk!!!!

6/1000 of an inch difference between first and second place , and that after 25 shots. Dont come much tougher of a competition than that .

I had Jason's 200 yard target on my phone. 8 shots - score best 5. 3@9 and 2@6 in the 2" X-ring, 4 of last 5 shots were x's. We really were wondering if his gun/scope had lost it off paper - as we couldn't account for all 8 shots with the mirage.
Shooting prone w/front rest. 94gr Swiss 2f, 530gr.
Since he just returned from CO elk hunting mid-week, he shot the entire match in the first 4 relays.
1st relay -50yds
2nd- 100
3rd- 200
4th - Chic & Pigs

There continues to be some great shooting each match.

Attachments

• JD 200 5x.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 483
52bore,
Can you post the champs 50 and 100 yd targets?
Give board a chance to see what inline match is like
Thanks

Sorry, I did not take photos of Jason's 50 or 100. Only took it because we had such a hard time seeing the holes and it ended up being the only perfect target shot this match, I believe. His 100 - 9 was like your 50 -9 we all looked at after you shot - so close. Both of you were very close to having 170's.

Impressive shooting for sure guys, congrats to all! :applause:

I had to re-read that post with the target, thought I was missing something. I bet you guys were confused in real time, LOL. Amazing.

GM 54:
Jason was shooting a 45 1:18 octagon that I built for him last winter. Knight style bolt with some improvements.

I don't have all the result info, but 18 shooters completed the match. The NMLRA gave me this so far for the winners, she didn't know at the time I called how they broke the ties, but told me this:
50yards - 50-3x Rick Weber & Jason Day
100 yds - 50-3x Jeff Fisk & Barry Brakebill
200 yds - 50-5x Jason Day
Chickens - didn't get how many shot all 5
Pigs - 10 of 18 shooters hit all 5

Good shooting by many which is good to see.

Latest posts

Back