2024 in with a BANG( flop)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The LORD smiled on me today!
Got a fine shed antler buck with Ol' Boop.
75 yard offhand shot. Gave him a 200 grain Core Lokt, quartering to ( boy do i LIKE those quartering shots!) he spun and ran for the fence hole. Tried to jump, bounced off and backflipped over the tiller(?). Got a bit tangled in it, but he was DONE.
The .35 Remington is very HARD on critters...
In this 100 yard section of field, I shot a doe last year, my 9 pointer and this one this year.
This 760 has a permanent place in the cabinet!

Attachments

• 20240101_083047.jpg
    20240101_083047.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 1
Congrats on those deer, .35 are short power house cartridge. My Pa had the old Rem. model 141, sadly it was passed on to my sister's son & not me. I knew there was rotten fish around the cleaning station when that went down.

Congratulations! When shots aren't likely to be more than 150 yards or so, I'm a fan of big bore cartridges, which, in my mind, start at about .35. The .35 Remington is a great cartridge, and I've heard lots of good things about the old Remington 740 and Remington 760.

Congrats on a new year deer. Also thats a great set of New Idea Cullimulchers, they are as awesome as the 760, their both workhorses…

75 yard offhand shot. Gave him a 200 grain Core Lokt, quartering to ( boy do i LIKE those quartering shots!) he spun and ran for the fence hole. Tried to jump, bounced off and backflipped over the tiller(?). Got a bit tangled in it, but he was DONE.
In this 100 yard section of field, I shot a doe last year, my 9 pointer and this one this year.
This 760 has a permanent place in the cabinet!I

I always liked the 760's. More reliable than the 740 series semi autos.

Nice job and nice e gun!!!

Nice shootin, congrats, gotta love those remington pumps

Back