........ 22 AMMO ..................

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
8)

Went to Cabela's yesterday to check on some 22 ammo and while I was there I seen that a sale was going on. I was told that Cabela's was selling 1 box of 22's no matter if it was a box of 50 or 100. I checked with the roving salesmen and he confirmed that it was 1 box no matter what per customer. I then reached all the way to the back of the shelf and brought out a brick of 400. I said I'll take this box. Needless to say he was a little surprised to see that box. ONE BOX PER CUSTOMER. The salesmen smiled but didn't say a word. :)
I then checked out the rifle sale sale and and was going to buy a Marlin 60 for $260.00 but the salesmen showed me a Marlin 60 with a synthetic stock. He explained that it was the same as the 60 with the wood stock. I bought it for $140.00. At that price I bought a Nikon 4X scope for it. They are going to mount the scope and bore sight it. I'm sure I will have to tweak it when I get. Can't wait to get it the range. Gave my other 22's to my sons so now its time for this old guy to have some fun :!: :!: :!:

Ray........... :yeah:

The Marlin 60 is a good shooting rifle. My friend shoots one. I went through that Cabela's one per customer stuff too. I purchased a brick and wanted three. He told me no. Even though I explained I'd driven over 200 miles to get to the store. I was kind of upset. Went back the next day and all of them were sold.

Same here our Bass Pro keeps all 22's behind the counter now you have to ask for them and there is a limit on how many you can purchase. I think you can buy three from them. Other places you have to know when to be there and it sells out quickly. Don't own a 22, have toyed with the idea of a 17 though, plenty of ammo on the shelves for them. I just bought a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in 7mm Rem Mag and I still have my Savage 110 in 243 Win. My dad has a 22 its and older savage single shot and the ammo he has for it must be 25 years old at the oldest.

The Marlin 60 is a great gun, I won 2 of them at a banquet 20 some years ago, the grandsons have even been shooting them till granddad bought them there own .22's.

Cabela's in Hamburg Pa was selling it as 1 box of 100 for CCI Mini Mags (Was sure surprised to see those), but also had some Fed Standard velocity in Bricks and sold those as "1 box" too. I think that if the boxes were packaged in 50 rd boxes then you could get 2 (100rd limit if I read the signage correctly but guess that don't apply to those bricks). A Week ago Saturday Gander Mountain in Chambersburg Pa had CCI standard in 50 round boxes with a limit of 5 boxes per person. They had a bunch of them but by the time I went to the men's room and back they were gone, guess it was good I did not want any. I think everyone in the store had 5 boxes in their hand. :lol: I hit Cabela's on the way back and got another box of CCI Mini Mags. They also had some bricks of CCI 250 Large rifle mag primers that they did not have the week before. A Sales guy was putting out more of the bricks of Fed out and they were grabbing them about as fast as the poor guy could carry them to the shelf. :roll: I had also got 2 bottles of BH the week before and yesterday they had none! :shock: :cry:

Back