3 50 grain T7 pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macmathews

Reaction score
I see some on here are shooting 3 50 grain pellets of Triple seven..
Is this not like 15% over recommended.. I have been muzzleloading for years , but am just switching to pellets and don't understand it all..

I am curretly shooting an Omega and shoot 2 50's

Thanks for the info

I seems I have found my own answer..
after alot of searching.. TC's FAQ's does note the use of 3-50 grain T7's
are OK..

macmathews said:
I seems I have found my own answer..
after alot of searching.. TC's FAQ's does note the use of 3-50 grain T7's
are OK..
3 50gr. T7 pellets,or 3 50gr. pyrodex pellets,or 120grs. loose T7 All shoot about the same POI

You need to be careful as there are new MAGNUM TRIPLE SE7EN PELLETS out there. The old ones were reduced in weight so their power spike was approximate to that of the Pyrodex Pellets. That is why you can shoot three of them in a rifle. Although Hodgdons does not recommend it.

The new magnum pellets are a true weight and there for hotter. Three of them might really stress a rifle, or your shoulder. Also they are recommended for only two of them to be used. They are like shooting 120 grains of the loose powder...

The new magnum pellets are a true weight and there for hotter. Dave,thanks for the info. I haven't had any of the new Magnum pellets yet,and was wondering what the diffrence was. Ron

Back