3 most innovative/useful hunting items you've used lately?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
OK, here goes for me....

1) Ameristep Doghouse blind. This is the absolute most useful item I've dropped cash on in recent years. Awesome for spring turkey hunting and inclement weather conditions which always come during deer season. A must have as far as I'm concerned anymore, especially the older I get!
0076952400815_215X215.jpg

2) Team Realtree E-Z Hanger. This little item is also a must have for treestand hunting for me. I use the Long version. Not only can you hang a bow on it, but you can hang your rifle by the sling on it while getting situated in your stand or if you need a break from holding your rifle. I also use it for a rifle rest when positioning it at the correct height. I shot a nice buck last November while resting my rifle on the E-Z Hanger's arm.
i413663sn02.jpg

3) Stoney Point Polecat Telescoping Bipod. I have the Explorer model which telescopes from 25"-62" and weighs in at 1lb. This unit is fantastic for a stable rest when shooting from a ground blind or from a sitting position on the ground as in predator calling. Makes sitting, kneeling or standing shots MUCH more stable. Tie a piece of cord to it and sling it over your shoulder for easy carrying.
i221333sq02.jpg

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Can you name 3 items or gadgets you have found to be worthwhile investments :?:

I have all three... just in a slightly different configuration. I have the "brickhouse" type blind, EZ hanger, and the Pole Cat mono...

What 3? Ground blind, Pole Cat, Bushnell Trophy Rangefinder...

I'm just re-starting in muzzleloading.........

Rod handle for pushing the last little bit! Amazing something so simple can help relieve the pain in the palm.

Fitted a hose to muzzle to suck hot, soapy water in-and-out of the bore. Saves some time doing the clean-up. Cost next to nothing with the old stuff I had under my bench......

Bore foam and some condoms(ya, I know...)for the ride home in the gun case.....starts to break the crud down before in get home.

Scott B

outhouse,stackhouse

had good sucess out of outhouse,bought a new stackhouse this year used it one time;someone else has it now,still have the backpack carrying case and a few extra ground stakes if you need them....whoever you are

I would have to say the three most innovative/ useful hunting items that I carry are

1) Gene Ingram Knives, I have his double whammer set and I will never be without them

2) Cabelas revolution fleece, this stuff is truly amazing

3) Zeiss Classic 10x42's, these binos are the grail for hunting

Blake

3 Things

Ameristep Chair Blind - easy to carry (11 pounds) quick to set up and fairly quiet.

Buck Folding Hunter Knife_
My Dad give me this 40 years ago and it holds a great edge and has gutted ?? deer over the years.

Dicks - No Scent fleece pats, wow were very warm and immediately comforatable when I put em' on.

A couple years ago I got one of those battery saw sets that had a recip saw, a circular saw and a flashlight , I think a Black and Decker that takes 2 of their snap in batts. I take that and a batt charger when I hunt and use it for the sternum bone in the chest and for the pelvic bone, works like a charm. Myself and 2 others use this with out a batt charge so it lasts a little and sure beats havin to pound a knife through those 2 areas.

Any LED flashlight: They really help you find blood trails in the dark.

Blind,range finder,and shooting sticks,plus a comfortable fold up chair for the blind. Ron

Great topic to bring back to life!

Here are mine in no particular order, sorry I have to have 4! :oops:

***Cabelas Alaskan Guide Headlamp - Easily fits into pocket or pack. Hands free walking out of stand and butchering deer when home. Wish I had a heated, lighted shed but I don't.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

***Knight Range Rod - My ML's are my primary hunting weapons. This makes rangetime with them simply 10x's better than using the original ramrod. Cleaning is also much better!
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

***Blackhorn 209 - Don't really need to say anything about it.
http://www.blackhorn209.com/

***Savage 10ml - Don't need to say anything about it either.
Savage10ml.jpg

Latest posts

Back