30 Pack Shockwaves...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
I was checking out T/C WebSite and noticed that they don't list their Shockwaves in 30 Packs. Is it that only some stores are offered them or is there a reason why you don't see them offered at most BlackPowder Suppliers...

I like buying them in the 30 Packs and when I am out checking out Local Retail Stores (including big box ones) some have them in the 15 but never have them in the 30 packs... I got Cabela's "Fall Preview Catalog" today and they had them...

Anyone else notice this or is it just others know the 30 pack is a great deal :?:

Just an observation as the time is going by quickly and soon the Muzzleloading Season will be upon US :!: :!:

LFM

I noticed on Cabellas website they had them in 30's. Super price. Midway didnt have them in 30's but when I combined a great price on 30-06 ammo and two packs of 15 considering shipping, I ordered from midway. I called them too and asked why they didnt carry them in 30's, she didnt know. :(

It's probably a special deal for Cabela's, I've never seen them anywhere else.

I always check Midsouth first for bullets. Cabelas is sometimes high on their prices.

Dicks Sporting goods around my area carry the 30 packs in 250gr. Little high at $16.99 + Taxes, but no shipping cost.

Does anyone know if the Shockwaves and SST's of the same weight shoot the same? I've only shot 250 gr Shockwaves and 300gr SST's with great accuracy out of my Omega. 56 cents a shot is encouraging though I must admit.

RandyG said:
Does anyone know if the Shockwaves and SST's of the same weight shoot the same?

Yes, the SST's/non bonded Shockwaves of the same weight will shoot the same, provided you use the same sabot with each bullet. They are the same bullets with different colored polymer tips, that's all!

Nic_58 said:
RandyG said:
Does anyone know if the Shockwaves and SST's of the same weight shoot the same?

Yes, the SST's/non bonded Shockwaves of the same weight will shoot the same, provided you use the same sabot with each bullet. They are the same bullets with different colored polymer tips, that's all!

Agreed, they shoot the same out of my Knights and Savages.

Whose brand name is on the SST if they are the same as the Shockwaves... Being new to all this I have seen many talk about the SST but only seen the Shockwaves in stores or just have not noticed the SST's being I don't know the brand name they are sold under if there is a brand associated to them...

LFM

Hornady markets the SST's. Hornady also manufactures the Shockwaves for T/C to market under their name. Hornady puts a red tip on the SST's, and a yellow tip on the Shockwaves. T/C "bonded" Shockwaves come with a blue tip.

Here is the Hornady SST's packaging:
003-67272.jpg

Never seen the SST's in any of the stores I have been at Bass Pro, Jay's Sporting Goods (here in Michigan) or any of the others like Gander Mountain's, Dicks Sporting Goods. Maybe it is because many of them buy the T/C Brand stuff they get a better deal on these (Shockwaves) with an order being they come from the same place as the Muzzleloaders and T/C Accessories if they are all shipped at the same time in a large carton of items...

I guess you just have to be where they have the Hornady more and readily available. I check out the sabots they have and some I have seen are no longer availabe from the manufacturer but some places still have them on the racks. Never seen the PR's only via Cabelas when I first started looking at the polymer tip sabots still have some of them I am going to start with to get it sighted in then fine tune with the ShockWaves in the 250 grain 50 Cal. Hope my Disc Elite likes them only time will tell...

Soon the hunting season will be here...

LFM

Back