45 cal muzzleloader bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot a T/C Strike using 84.0 gr. by weight of BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.

Thats nice but your Strike is not a 45cal so there is little chance your load would be useful to the OP. Is there any chance you could STOP with the copy and pasting the same thing over and over? You have posted the exact same thing about 20 times or more.

Thank you

The OP is asking about a 45cal 1-22 twist. So that sabot wont fit his rifle and the topic is about 45cal loads. Not 50cal loads.

Like I said earlier, you can make your own by either buy from Accurate Molds the 45-340I mold or the Lyman 330gr HP Gould mold. My preference would be the 45-340I mold designed by Idaholewis.

I have shot a lot of different bullets in my .45 rifles. I use the Harvester light blue sabots and 100 grains by volume Pyrodex or 777. Accuracy is usually 1 1/2” or less at 100 yards. I tried LeHigh Extreme Penetrator, Hornady XTP, and I have bulk cast pistol bullets for 40 S&W all in the 180-190 grain weight.
I had some success with the .45 Power Belts when I first started shooting a .45.
The light weight .45 T/C bullets shot well too but they can be hard to .

Let us know what you come up with, and how it shoots for you.

Back