450 today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't load much centerfire anymore, just when I get a bucket of 450 brass. The old crank handle method just doesn't work for this old man anymore. There's a couple units out there that will complete prep, including trim but, very pricy.
I took my manual trimmer out and ground off the end so I could get the handle off. Once off, it was a piece of cake using the battery operated drill. I could trim them in a heartbeat, but my deburring tool wasn't quite big enough, but I got all them complete.
I fixed that burring tool problem today by running over to A1. They had a deburring tool that went from 17 to 60cal. Its mine now :) Picked up a couple hundred primers to keep the stash equal, and they had some bottles of IMR4198 so I picked up one of those too.
I just can't justify the price of a complete prep and trim unit with what little I shoot the Bushmaster.

This afternoon I loaded up 10 rounds with the 275gr Accumax. Next time I shoot the 450, I'll see how they do.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012913995/?pid=135727

Back