50/44 sabots.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've got a question. I have a 44 mag S&W here that I load for. So, I have a bunch of 240gr XTPs here that I use in it. I am thinking about getting some crush rib sabots to use in the DISC Extreme with those bullets. All in an effort to finish up a box of 777 pellets I have here that I paid too much for and hate to waste. Can I expect at least decent performance from that small of a bullet in the 50? I was thinking maybe a 45 cal hornady would be better, but I already have these on hand. Anyone have experiance with this combination? Thanks a bunch,Grizz.

I have taken 5 deer with that bullet out of a 50 cal. Omega and a green crushed ribbed sabot. All pass throughs. No complaints.

I have a buddy in NC who has taken several deer with that combination without complaints.
-Mike

Since 2000 i have taken about 20 deer and dozens of hogs with that bullet. Just put it in the right place and it will do its job.

odds are it'll be your new fav bullet for muzzleloader :wink: the 44 cal has a higher core density which translates to more kinetic energy and it'll also hold it's velocity a lil longer than the 45's.

Yup, 300g .44cal XTP's group very well out of my Genesis with Harvester green CR sabots.

Sounds like it is worth trying to me. Thanks for the input fellas,I appreciate it. I will get the sabots ordered and give these bullets a whirl.

Latest posts

Back