.62 smooth rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfd

Reaction score
a six year old 20 gauge smooth rifle built by chris walker for mr. daniel. but she's new to me. 8) 8lbs 6ozs total unloaded weight. the dense maple stock has a deep and dark aqua-fortis stain that all but hides a very nice curly burly grain structure (the krappy images don't do the wood grain or olde timey finish justice). the furniture is all brass and highly patina'd. the the 44" OTR Colerain barrel and davis colonial two screw lock are deeply browned. the sliding patch box is a nice touch. she balances nicely offhand and the overall condition is darned near excellent. my big concern over the trigger was laid to rest as it's so smooth and effortless. i just cast up 3 dozen .600 balls (323 grains) balls and will get her out to the range next week for sure.

Sn7B2C7.jpg

siLRJzx.jpg

fPwiFUH.jpg

NkpmDeZ.jpg

IwA8jcT.jpg

t8RGWMT.jpg

A beautiful smoothbore gun there. That caliber is something else. I used to shoot 80 grains with a .600 ball in mine. When I could hit anything, it was a devastating hit.

That's a beautiful AND versatile gun. You can take all sorts of game with that. Congrats!

she's a shooter, too ...

[youtube]vTU6zDgwnCg[/youtube]

Back