??????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

OK GUYS MY DAUGHTER TALKED ME OUT OF MY TRACKER 209 WITCH WAS MY GO TO GUN FOR CONICALS.

IN YOURALLS OPPINTION WHAT IS THE BEST GUN FOR SHOOTING BIG LEAD CONICALS ?

( NO POWERBELTS )

Without doubt, the best conical shooting rifle is a White. I have a model 97 Ultra Mag in .504. It shoots a 500 grain conical into super tight groups. They are easy to purchase or cast yourself. Nothing will take them on.

Another good White is a Super 91-II in the .504 or the .451 caliber. Both of them for large game are nail drivers. The .451's drawback is some states require a .50 caliber for elk hunting, etc. But for deer, that .451 is a great plenty. I think they like the 475 grain conicals.

White also shoots sabots as well. They have a 1-24 twist.

cayuga said:
Without doubt, the best conical shooting rifle is a White. I have a model 97 Ultra Mag in .504. It shoots a 500 grain conical into super tight groups. They are easy to purchase or cast yourself. Nothing will take them on.

Another good White is a Super 91-II in the .504 or the .451 caliber. Both of them for large game are nail drivers. The .451's drawback is some states require a .50 caliber for elk hunting, etc. But for deer, that .451 is a great plenty. I think they like the 475 grain conicals.

White also shoots sabots as well. They have a 1-24 twist.
I'll second that! :) Ron

Yeah if I wanted a muzzleloader to shoot a conical I'd pick up a used White. If you want shoot just conicals and if legal where you hunt I'd go the .451cal route. They are really fun to shoot too.

I don't know if White Rifles is in business this week...

Check Doc's site and see if he has any. Otherwise they do show up from time to time. There was a nice .451 that Bat had, but he sold that. It would have been perfect. It was his squirrel rifle I think I read somewhere. :D And it knocked big hogs flat as well.

If you ever shot a White Rifle and conicals, you would never give the rifle back. When I first heard about White Rifles, I did not believe the hype. I thought no rifle would do what they claimed. Now I own two of them. I just picked up a used Bison in .504 for $100.00. Its used but shoots just fine.

I'm sold on the Whites for big conicals. I differ from the .451 fanatics tho.... :lol: I like the .504 variety.... :wink:

Can't find a white for under 400 I can buy a new modle 97 whitetail hunter for 460.00 or a new blacktail for same price but don't want to spend that much.

what about the KNIGHT krb7 do you think they will shot a conical good
I can buy a new one ss barrle black comp for 282.00

what do you think

lungbuster1

Personally i do think the KRB would shoot the big conical just fine. I have no experiance with a KRB to back this up with, but I do have two 50 Green Mountain LRH barrels that shoot them just fine, actually really well, and the KRB will come with a GM barrel...

Here is one of my first targets with the GM- LRH...

Shot #1 was on a clean - lubed barrel...

D95BBBCBADA34E4AAE562E0DA96F44871.jpg

I also have a White Ultra Mag in .504 and it does shoot conicals into teeny tiny little groups at 100 yds. I can shoot 2" groups with open sights and clover leafs with a scope on it! Unfortunately, these are now hard to come by. However, I'm also the proud owner of one of those new KRB7's. I was hoping it could also shoot conicals well. It groups 1.5" at 100yds, same as my White. They both seem to like 90-100 grains of Pyro-P behind a Bullshop 460 grain NE clone. It also shoots the NoExcuses 460's and Powerbelt 405's at under 2" with the same powder charge. You can bump up the charge for the Powerbelts to 120 grains and not sacrifice accuracy. Both are great conical shooters and I would higly recommend either one. With that said, there's something about the KRB7 that makes me grab it first, even though it does take a little longer to clean and it's about a pound heavier. I just checked my last 3-shot group at 100 yds with open sights...3/4" @ 100 yds (off of a lead-sled rest). So I think that's as least as good as the White.

Mark

Thanks guys KRB7 It is I will pick it up on monday just got a digg. camera i will post some pix of it.

by the way can any one give me the web sight for the noExcuses conicals
I have the Bullshop websight

Thanks so much for your input guys

RON G.

lungbuster1

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/contact.html

Bullshops are slip fit conicals - they come sized to fit your barrel... I do not know what would be your optimum size but I am shooting .503's in my two GM barrels...

You could probably have Dan send you a sample of various sizes to see which ones fit best... .502 - .503 -.504

Here is a sample pic of some of the more noted bullets he offers...

bullshop.jpg

Man those are some awsome looking slugs

Sabotloader : Thanks so much I didn't know he would send a sample pack of diff . sizes & wts.

Again THANKS

I'm very Excited oops I think I just had an accedent in my pants

RON G.

Back