895 yard Mosin Nagant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Got to agree with him! The Mosin Nagant is an extremely accurate rifle. My M44 out shoots our modern made centerfires all day long at 200 yards. She's fun to shoot at 550 yards to. Re-loads of course! The russian military ammo is real iffy.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0N2UclXPRAA" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Damn! 895 yds off a knee? I'm really impressed. At first he was going to do it offhand which tells me he can do that too. Did you hear how long it took the bullet to hit? Hell of a shooter.

Due to the our terrain, there is almost never an opportunity to shoot much over 150-200 yds. here. The longest shot I've made in Fla. on a deer is 310 yds. However, you guys out west have areas with no trees for miles so shots over 300 are more common.

I can't imagine shooting at close to 900 yds. I can't even tell if there's an animal out there at that distance without binoculars. Gongs are OK but not at animals.

They never showed his target so we have no clue how big it was. It would have to be the size of a big barn for me to hit it. Maybe.

OldMtnMan said:
They never showed his target so we have no clue how big it was. It would have to be the size of a big barn for me to hit it. Maybe.
If you look closely, you can see a little white dot at ground level slightly to the right at the base of the hills in the background. I think that is the target.

Yeah, I think your right. It's still hard to see how big it is at that distance. he's just using plain sights too. Nothing fancy. Look at the end of his barrel once he gets settled in. It's pretty steady. Although at that distance i'm sure it's moving on and off the target.

Latest posts

Back