9 point My PB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this guy this afternoon at 3:30. Had my back up rifle as I am having scope issues with my primary. .50 cal Optima Pro, 290 gr. Boredriver. Shot him at 10 yds broadside when he trotted up from behind and stopped directly beside me. He dropped 40 ft in front of my stand.

Attachments

• 20221114_152051.jpg
    20221114_152051.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221114_151738.jpg
    20221114_151738.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221114_151627.jpg
    20221114_151627.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
Beautiful buck..congrats. Good luck during the remainder of the season. Firearm starts this Friday here in IL-looks like the weather is going to be very good-looking to bag a buck with either my new smokeless .45, or my Dad's custom .54 which he had built about 45 years ago (has never taken a deer before)- opposite ends of the spectrum muzzleloader-wise.

Beautiful buck..congrats. Good luck during the remainder of the season. Firearm starts this Friday here in IL-looks like the weather is going to be very good-looking to bag a buck with either my new smokeless .45, or my Dad's custom .54 which he had built about 45 years ago (has never taken a deer before)- opposite ends of the spectrum muzzleloader-wise.
Thanks. I'm tempted to get my .54 sidelock out, but I'll likely run out of freezer space before I do. A doe with my Optima pistol is next on the hitlist.

Good luck hunting.. Ive been kicking around a traditional hunt with my .54 sidelock, red plad coat, and a natural blind. But next on the hitlist is a doe with Optima pistol.

Good luck hunting.. Ive been kicking around a traditional hunt with my .54 sidelock, red plad coat, and a natural blind. But next on the hitlist is a doe with Optima pistol.
I have an Optima myself. Have owned it for about 3 years and am yet to harvest a deer with it. I only carry it during muzzleloader season, which is 3 days in IL, so not much opportunity. This year however, I will be hunting late ML season in IA so if a doe comes in range that is what I will be using (wouldn't take my chances on a nice buck, sticking to the rifle for that).

I have an Optima myself. Have owned it for about 3 years and am yet to harvest a deer with it. I only carry it during muzzleloader season, which is 3 days in IL, so not much opportunity. This year however, I will be hunting late ML season in IA so if a doe comes in range that is what I will be using (wouldn't take my chances on a nice buck, sticking to the rifle for that).
Sorry, didn't mean to answer you twice. I came here from Illinois 10 years ago. Here in Missouri we can hunt all firearm seasons with a muzzle loader, which I do. Gives me a chance to use a few different ones each year, I love it!

Sorry, didn't mean to answer you twice. I came here from Illinois 10 years ago. Here in Missouri we can hunt all firearm seasons with a muzzle loader, which I do. Gives me a chance to use a few different ones each year, I love it!
I do the same in IL, I haven't used a shotgun to hunt deer in as long as I can remember. I always have one of my muzzleloaders and some kind of revolver/CVA ML pistol.

Back