"A Day Which Will Live In Infamy"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"A Day Which Will Live In Infamy"

Today is the 75th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.   Pearl Harbor and the other attacks in Pacific were the high water mark of the Japanese  military.   After the  losing four aircraft carriers at  Midway in 1942 the Japanese navy was never able to take the fight to allied forces. 

i had the pleasure of working with some  folks who fought in the Pacific in WWII.   Most were Marines:  They were the finest folks i ever worked with.  Sadly, they are all gone now.

Re: "A Day Which Will Live In Infamy"

Thanks for remembering them falcon.

Ray

Some good shows on the history channel. Best one was where they identified the remains on a soldier and finally gave him a burial with his remaining family there.

Greatest generation of the USA. They will not ever be surpassed. Not many young folks know or care about Dec 7 1941. Al

That's because they no longer talk about it in school. My nephew never heard anything brought up about the revolution.

Not many young folks know or care about Dec 7 1941
You got that right. 

In about 1966  my wife made a comment to a USMC CW-4 that she had a bad day.   His response was classic:  "I suggest you have no idea what a bad day is".   I turned 17 on my third day at Tarawa".

My son is 34 now and I know he had exposure to WW II, the Korean War and Vietnam when he was in junior and senior high school. I remember when he wrote a paper on the bombing of Dresden in junior high. He also had a government course where they studied the constitution and related subjects.
So, I think that the coverage of American History topics varies from school district to school district. And it helped that my wife and I were very involved with the schools' improvement committees and PTA.
Ron

Latest posts

Back