a good mornng in the deer blind

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Me and my bow were back in the deer blind this morning. Just after I got settled in and a couple minutes after legal shooting time a mulie doe came walking down the trail. She stopped behind a couple of trees 15 yds from me. Got the bow ready for a shot after she stepped clear. While I waited I got off my seat to a standing position. What I hadn't seen was her fawn who spotted the movement and took off. That spooked mom so no shot. Within a minute she came back but didn't offer a shot. The fawn came out and stopped and offered a 35 yds but I chose not to take it as light was still poor and couldn't see my pins worth a hoot. Time passed and few more deer were seen including a reasonable mulie buck. I just got my camera out and as I turned saw a deer moving just south of me, about 60-70 yds away. I watched as she moved along but wasn't coming any closer. A second one was following her. Manage to get a picture of the second. At that time it was about 50 yds away. They were unaware of my presence until I took the picture. That doe heard the shutter of digital camera and started looking hard in my direction. She finally wondered off. I no sooner put the camera down and here comes another deer and this one seemed to heading my way. Got the bow off the hook and when it was 50 yds away it turned it's head and darn, it was a spike buck. I do have a buck tag for a mulie but wasn't going to waste it on this little guy. Anyway he wandered around and came right out under me. By now had hung the bow up and had the camera in my hand. He was only about 15 yds from and when the shutter went off he jumped and trotted away. He stopped and came back and was stareing in my direction but wouldn't leave. I guess curiousity got the best of him and he'd have been an easy shot. More deer were seen including some whitetail does, fawn and a medium sized buck. Once again it was a good morning. Here's a picture of the spike.

Picture274.jpg

Excellent picture and narrative. It really adds to the picture. Good luck in your hunt.

Latest posts

Back