My first day out deer hunting with a muzzleloader success!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did it perfectly. And when the meat is all gone you'll treasure the memory.

I shot my first muzzleloader deer today on my first morning out hunting in Southern Ontario Canada on public land. It's a small buck fawn should be tasty! I used my CVA Wolf with a .44XTP 240gr 123 yard shot. I couldn't see nothing but a cloud of smoke but when it started to clear I seen the directing the other two deer ran followed it and found a nice blood trail. The little guy only went about 35 yard.
I shot my first deer on my own land in November using a Thompson Center Scout in 54 caliber. I had given up on this rifle because of ignition problems but I just modified the nipple to take 209 primers. It worked flawlessly and the deer dropped in its tracks. It was a 50 yard shot in thick timber in Southern Arkansas.

I shot my first deer on my own land in November using a Thompson Center Scout in 54 caliber. I had given up on this rifle because of ignition problems but I just modified the nipple to take 209 primers. It worked flawlessly and the deer dropped in its tracks. It was a 50 yard shot in thick timber in Southern Arkansas.
Congratulations! Kind of a weird feeling with all the smoke can't tell if you missed or not.

Congrats, nice to hear you've rekindled your love for your muzzleloader & put it to good use. Well done! And welcome to the forum

I shot my first muzzleloader deer today on my first morning out hunting in Southern Ontario Canada on public land. It's a small buck fawn should be tasty! I used my CVA Wolf with a .44XTP 240gr 123 yard shot. I couldn't see nothing but a cloud of smoke but when it started to clear I seen the directing the other two deer ran followed it and found a nice blood trail. The little guy only went about 35 yard.
Been hunting with muzzleloaders for 30 years, but shot my first deer with my Dad’s flintlock this year! It was a great experience and I am sure he is glad I am carrying on the tradition with his rifle.

Latest posts

Back