A GOOD PISTOL = I.N. JOHNSON U.S. MODEL 1842 PERCUSSION PISTOL DATED 1855

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Here you go folks, a reasonably priced original percussion pistol from 1855 and it has a good bore. Check this one out at a very fair price.

David Condon Inc. - 26030

I.N. JOHNSON U.S. MODEL 1842 PERCUSSION PISTOL DATED 1855. .54 cal. smoothbore 8 ½” barrel with “U.S./J H/P” Inspector’s proofs at the breech. Lock dated 1855 and stamped “MIDDTN/CONN” and “U.S./I.N. JOHNSON”. All original except the hammer which is a period replacement and the two lock plate retaining screws. Stock with extensive repair using wood filler. Otherwise very good plus with nice patina. Working order and good bore.

I.N. JOHNSON U.S. MODEL 1842 PERCUSSION PISTOL DATED 1855. ($450)

Conner

That is a great value.....I had a '36 model. I paid about the same for mine.......30 years ago.

lighthorseman said:
Conner

That is a great value.....I had a '36 model. I paid about the same for mine.......30 years ago.
I've had many of the I.N. JOHNSON U.S. Models pistols as well as muskets, strong built firearms.

I had mine along with a '36 Hall Carbine which was technically the wrong one for 1rst Dragoons.
scan0001.jpg

Back