A great begining to a lifetime passion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephunterab

Reaction score
Went out this weekend with our friend Vanessa. It was the last date she'll be able to hunt this season. She had a crack at a good 4x4 whitetail in the morning but shot just in front of him but ended the season with a perfect shot on this whitetail doe. In this, her first year of hunting, she hunted a total of four days and took five big game animals. A great way to start I'd say.

v_whitetail.jpg

Hey Grouse:

You bet they do. I live by the motto that if you kill it....you clean it.....LOL. We had this doe cut and wrapped that evening. I still had my hand in a cast the previous weekend when Vanessa shot two does. Her and Kim did all the butchering.

In early October, we had quite the butchering bee one day. We did four mule deer does and a moose. Mom and Dad were a big help that day. While mom doesn't hunt, she weilds a mean butcher knife.

That's great! I'm always glad to see females getting in on the fun too. When I was growing up my mom hunted with us too. She even carried a 12 gauge rem auto just like the tough guys! Way to go Vanessa!

Back