A new addition to the family.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I really dont have much to say right now. Its longer, heavier, the new breech plug??????? I hope i like it better then the old Encore. :? It does have a Leupold on it.

Prohunter002.jpg

Prohunter001.jpg

Excellent!! I can't wait for the range test reports. Boy that's a nice looking rig.

Grouse said:
I really dont have much to say right now. Its longer, heavier, the new breech plug??????? I hope i like it better then the old Encore. :? It does have a Leupold on it.

That is a beauty!

Do you plan on light bullet loads with it? I only ask because the scope seems to be sitting so far back. Not a whole lot of room between the reticle and recoil pad.

Biff Mayhem said:
Do you plan on light bullet loads with it? I only ask because the scope seems to be sitting so far back. Not a whole lot of room between the reticle and recoil pad.

I will center the scope tonight. I wasnt there when they mounted it. As far as loads? I probably will start out with 300grn XTP'S. The 200grn SW was very accurate in my old Encore.

One thing is for sure...that IS one great looking outfit! You'll really like the VX-II also! 8)

pro hunteritis

I see you have found a cure for pro hunteritis. She is more beautiful than a sexy nurse and much easier to fondle. To keep her happpy you must stroke her and seat stiff plastic down her tube. :wink: :wink:

I hope her she likes the 200 gr. shock wave.

Choc-dog

Wow! Don't ya just love that new gun smell? I can't wait to hear how it shoots! :D

I think it's PURDY!

I wish you guys would stop writing about and posting pics of your new ProHunters, you are making me want one!!!!

The new Breech plug sucks. I really, really hate it right now. It takes a special tool and there are heat resistant O-rings that need replaced. :evil: That reminds me of a vent-liner. I'm sure i will get used to it but T/C went backwards in my opinion. This gun is not what its cracked up to be so far. Anybody find my old one? :)

New T/C breech plug

Hey Grouse, I know what you mean about the new breech plug. I had to get myself use to it. You will as well and once you do it's great.

I wish the plug removal tool was longer plus the clip on the end of the tool to remove the breech plug is confusing until you understand when to push the clip forward to release the breech plug after insertion into the breech.

Choc-dog

Grouse said:
The new Breech plug sucks. I really, really hate it right now. It takes a special tool and there are heat resistant O-rings that need replaced. :evil: That reminds me of a vent-liner. I'm sure i will get used to it but T/C went backwards in my opinion. This gun is not what its cracked up to be so far. Anybody find my old one? :)

You have my addy right?

Grouse said:

Well one thing is for sure.. If that sucka puts all the bullets into the same hole you'll quickly forgive that new breech plug! 8)

Back